Hi everyone, just a quick question for those who have had this surgery. I had my second surgery on my neck in July of 2012. First one was in November of 2002, i had an anterior fusion done at levels C-4 through C-6. To make a long story short, after 10 years i had to have it redone after it didnt fuse properly. This time i had to have both anterior and posterior surgery done and at levels c-4 through c-7. It's been 7 months now and im so frustrated. Although the numbness is gone, i have so much pain in my neck on a daily basis its driving me crazy!! I can not sit for long periods of time anymore, have lost so much ROM it's ridiculous. Anyway since my life has changed in every way possible, i was wondering if anyone else has these 2 large lumps where my scar is. It's very uncomfortable and grosses me out, when i finally looked at the back of my neck i was horrified as to what it looks like now. If i just had a scar, i could deal with that, but these 2 large lumps are freaking me out. They are fairly large, almost looks like i have 2 bones now protruding from that area. Just wondering if anyone else had the same issue. Thanks!!

I had c3 to c7 done in 2009. My lumps freak me out, too. Glad I'm a woman & can have my hair covering it. Last regular (not surgeon) dr's appointment, she commented that it looked like I had a screw coming out. I told her it had been that way since the surgery. Now, though, I'm worried that maybe it's worse & I just don't know it since I can't see it. And, of course since I'm worried, it feels like it's worse.