hello,

Im an 18 year old who is very active and who runs often. For the past few months i have been having weird episodes of heart flutters, skipped beats etc. Sometimes it feels like my heart is just jumping in my chest or sometimes it feels like its just "dancing" and i could feel every beat. Also i get sometimes skipped beats a lot. I was very nervous about this and went to see a cardiologist at Texas Cardiology 2 or 3 months ago and i had an EKG...Echoelectric diagram...Stress test done and i wore a holter monitor for 24 hours. The cardiologist said my heart was functioning properly and i shouldnt worry about it. I cant stop thinking about it when im in the middle of class and suddenly my heart starts fluttering for 5 seconds or so. What could be the cause of this?

Thanks a lot, Any help is appreciated

You should see a cardiologist that specializes in Electrophysiology. (Heart Rhythms) You could have an EP study. There is also a procedure that can be done called an Ablation if they find an area in your heart that is causing the "palpitations". There are more non invasive things that can be done like wearing an event recorder for a month, in hopes of actually catching a tachycardic event.
The most common arrythmia in young people is called AV node reentrant tachycardia, which can be easily cured with an ablation.