Ok so me and my fiancee had unprotected sex on Aug. 11th & Aug. 16th which was both around the time I was ovulating well we had unprotected sex again on the 19th and I decided to do the plan b pill becuz both pregnancy test came back negative that the dr gave me. So I took the plan b pills but I had no side affects of bleeding so I decided to take a home pregnancy test just a week later after taking the pills and it was positive!!! So I'm trying to figure out if I was pregnant all along before I took the plan b pills or did the fertilization and implatation happen all within one week?!?!?!?

Hi Fredrica,

False positives are rare.  There is a good chance you are pregnant.

You don't always get any side effects from Plan B.  There really is no way to know if it is working.  One thing to consider, it is not as effective as a daily birth control pill.

Fertilization and implantation do happen within a week.  Implantation can occur about 3-5 days after sex.  It does take a few days for the hormone, hCG, to rise high enough to be detected by the pregnancy tests.  Usually at about 2 weeks after having sex they become reliable.

When did your last period start?  I'm expecting you to say around August 1.  It is unlikely you were pregnant before August 11th.  That is about the earliest that you'd ovulate.

Hope it helps.

My last cycle was Aug. 2 and based on my calendar my ovulation days were from the 11th to the 16th and we did have sex on the 10th also but I went to the dr the next day on the 20th after we had sex on the 19th and took the plan b pill and it was a week today and I still had no bleeding so I took the home pregnancy test so could I have already been pregnant on the 19th when we had sex and didn't kno it becuz the pregnancy test came back negative on the 20th and now today it's positive

Yes, you could have already been pregnant on the 19th. It was just early for the test so you had a false negative.

Sperm can live about 5 days. Having sex on the 11th would bring you right through when you were most fertile.

Once you're pregnant, the Plan B pill won't do anything to prevent it.