I am 29 yrs old and already have a 4 yr old. I have had my tubes removed and an ablation. Me and my future husband would like to conceive a child? Is that possible?

Can I ask why you had your tubes removed so early if not due to medical reasons??
Ok, There are diff types of ablations, do you know which you had? if it's an ablation done with a resectoscope then you could have more kids, if it's a thermachoice balloon ablation then you probably can't have more kids, but they would've told you this, hopefully! All you need to do is call the place where you had it done and ask them which type it was and take that matter from there.
As far as tubes being removed..have they been removed or tied? Sometimes the procedure can be reversed but there is no guarantee of this. This kind of procedure should only be done once you know for sure you don't want more kids. In saying that, it's not impossible for you to concieve again.
Speak to you doctor and see what he thinks accordingt o which procedures you had done.

Best Wishes

orion wrote:

Best Wishes

I got pregnant and chose to have a abortion..I was almost three months along..I had the thermachoice balloon procedure

I was pregnant after a thermachoice balloon procedure..I chose to have a abortion..Can I get pregnant again?

Well after u have the ablation no you should not get pregnant again I am a rn with a bsn and have had a tubal liagation to tie my tube and had to have one removed do to a tuabl preganacy I had to have my tube tied for health reasons because with all 3 of my children I was so sick and with the last one I went into kidney failure and had to have blood transfusions 

*** post is edited by moderator ***inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

I had my tubes tied 17 years ago. I had thermal ablation done in 2002 due to heavy bleeding. My doctor told me prior to the ablation that there was always a possibility of getting pregnant because tubes have been knon to grow back together. Will I still be able to get pregnant after having the ablation? I have read that uterine tissue have grown back as well in order to sustain pregnancy. I am 47 and would like to have another baby. Any advice?

My suggestion is to find a fertility specialist who specializes in Asherman's Syndrome. I am in contact with one in SoCal who has told me that it is possible to reverse the ablation using the same treatments for Asherman's.

For me, it's been a little over 3 years since my ablation. In my consultation, I expect to find out more about my particular condition, and will make decisions from there, being careful to consider the risks.

I am a gynecologist. If you have had an ablation you should not consider trying to conceive. While the ablation itself will not prevent conception, the ablation severely scars the inside of the uterus (ANY type of ablation will do this, including the resectoscope). A pregnancy after ablation is at high risk for miscarriage and preterm delivery and growth restriction, if it gets that far. This should have been part of the counseling prior to the ablation.

Well I also had an ablation three years ago due to heavy bleeding. At that time, there was no thought of having any more children. Circumstances change in peoples lives, and we can't always predict what will happen in the future. I too, would like to have a child with my current husband, but after consulting with a fertility clinic I am being told that it is not impossible to get pregnant after ablation, but not recommended. There are many risks involved. From what I understand you can get pregnant, but miscarriage is likely. Because there is little to no lining for the placenta to attach, it could attach to the muscle wall which can cause many complications. Also, because of the scar tissue from the ablation, if the pregnancy progesses, the baby may not develop correctly.

anonymous wrote:

Well after u have the ablation no you should not get pregnant again I am a rn with a bsn and have had a tubal liagation to tie my tube and had to have one removed do to a tuabl preganacy I had to have my tube tied for health reasons because with all 3 of my children I was so sick and with the last one I went into kidney failure and had to have blood transfusions If you wanted more children you should have not killed the one you were carrying and should have educated yourself more on the procedures you were having done they do not do ablations for abortions!!!!!!!!!!!! and they do not remove your tubes for them eather

I am in nursing school working on my BSN and all I have to say is that you as a nurse have no business being around patients. Nurses are supposed to be nonjudgmental. Who are you to say she killled her baby. Do you know her circumstances? Your answer repulsed me. You need to rethink your occupation. I feel sorry for anyone who has the misfortune of being under your care.

anonymous wrote:

That was uncalled for and rude! Maybe she was not in a place to be educated... Or maybe she was given bad information about the procedure. You have no right to judge her because you do not know her situation. I am not for abortion but would not condemn a person especially when I do not know their circumstances. I am sorry you had such a hard with your last child, but you need to think how you would feel if you were condemned and blamed for something that you thought was right. Think before you respond. And I agree that I would hate to have you as a nurse. One more thing...Try using spell check!

I'm going to have to agree with the previous two responses. I am a CRNA and have been a nurse for 12 years. You, my dear, are a disgrace to our profession. We, as nurses, are compassionate, caring, loving, giving, and non-judgemental. We care for our patients as if they were a loved one or family member regardless of their situation...NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!! You apparently went into nursing for all the wrong reasons, and I find that very offensive, and also very sad.

one ladies lets not get off topic but yes your right 
I am 49 had ablation about 10 years ago when they first came out to control bleeding baloon  
I am know Divorced and had unprotected sex with a 51 year old man I still have period but it has not been the same since the ablation  
one i do not want to be pregnant because of our age and the ablation are the chances slim that I could get pregnant 

I am a 25 year old mother of 2 children.. I recently got remarried and was wanting another child with my new husband. Well the only thing I'm worried about is that it's not possible because of a procedure I had done in June of 2011 which was an ablation surgery I also had a tubal about 4 years ago. I was hoping I would be able to conceive a healthy baby. Does anyone have anything they can tell me about themselves that may lead me to some helpful information. I would love to be able to have another baby so if anyone can help me with some information please do.. And before anyone asks I had a tubal so young because I had already had 2 pregnancies and was scared at the time of having a third child but now I really hope that someone has some good news about my situation. 

Quote:

anonymous wrote:

I totally agree...being a nurse should be a caring thoughtful person but you shouldn't talk like that. I want another baby but had tubal and ablation done and Dr needs to be telling their patients on abt prodecure and not say oh its time for ablation lets do it. Dr do not care to educate because they care abt getting paid! I think its ridiculous! I totally wouldn't be under ur care. Do not talk like that to others. To me it sounds like all u care is urself.