hi, im in a little delema.
my boyfrined and i are trying to concieve.
we have had unprotected sex about 3 times in the past two weeks,
what are my chances of pregnancy. my period should be staring next week. thanks!

hi...well i will just tell you like this me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 years and have been having unprotected sex for a year and some months and now im finally pregnant after trying for a year and some months.

it really depends on when you ovulate and how fertile you are and it depends on your boyfriends sperm count

but i will tell you that if you are really desperate then try having sex while you are on your period thats when you are really fertile and you may get pregnant more easier then

I would just like to make a correction. A women is LEAST fertile while she is having her period.

but my cousin got pregnant while she was on her period...her and her boyfriend had sex twice unprotected and 2weeks later she was pregnant....so how did she get pregnant if she was least fertile????

Your cousin just may have gotten lucky. It is highly unlikly. If this is how she conceived, that is great. All i'm saying is that it's not common.
Check out any website concerning conceiving during menstruation and you will see that this is a womans least fertile time in her cycle.

Your cousin could have gotten pregnant the month prior and she could have had a period, tho that is not common either, but it happens.

o ok...but could u answer one thing for me???....well i have been trying to get pregnant for almost a year since july 2007 and now its finally here my last period was september 15th 2008 and i have regular periods and im on a 28 day cycle but my periods only last for 3 days its been like that since november 2006

my due date is june 22nd could i have ovulated after or before my period??... because im not really familiar with when i ovulated

Okay....so your last period was September 15, so...Septemer 15th would be the beginning of the ovulation countdown. 15,16,17,18,19,10,21,22,23,24,25,26,27 and 28. Day 28 is the 14th day after your period. Ovulation begins about 14 days after the first day of your last period.
Now....if ovulation began on the 28th, this is where you would be most fertile. 28th, 29th and a few more days in there would be your best time for conception. So you probably got pregnant some where in the week of the 28th of September.

If your on a regular 28 day cycle, you would have ovulated after your period to bring you to this June 22 due date. It doesn't matter if you have a 3 day period, that is not really important as it is all in the ovulation process. Some girls think ovulation begins after the last day of her period, but it's the opposite.

o ok so and ovulation only stays for 24 hours right??.. so i had to have unprotected sex the 28th or 29th

An egg will live for 12 to 24 hours after leaving the ovary.
But implantation of a fertilized egg normally takes place 6 to 12 days after ovulation. Which means the egg is already fertilized, now it's looking for a spot to get comfortable in for the next 9 months.

ok so when i ovulated my egg got fertilized around ovulation now would me having unprotected sex again october 4th but he didnt cum in me doesnt have any effect or anything right?

Unprotected sex in october wouldn't have mattered as you were already pregnant. You obviously missed the October period which would have been due on or around the 8th or 9th. of October. Sex on the 4th of October was sort of a safer time for you anyway as your period was due in less than a week from that day.

o ok thanks a lot u were a big help if i have anything else i can come to u ?

Certainly :-D

ok bbfeet9 i have another question for u....my cousin had sex 2 or 3 days before she ovulated by her ex but he did not cum in her but he more than likely had precum in her or maybe his pants but they were at a party drinking and smoking and they were dancing and he was hard and they went to the car and they were kissing at first and he was still hard then they started having sex and she dont kno if he precum in her or in his pants then she had sex with her boyfriend a couple days before her ex and on the day she ovulated who would she most likely be pregnant by??...any guess??..please aand thank u....

There is basically no live sperm in pre cum unless he had ejaculated beforehand. In other words, say this guy either had intercourse or masterbated himself to orgasm, then had intercourse again soon after. If he didn't pee straight away after the first ejaculation, there would be live sperm left over in his semen, there fore, pregnancy can occur if he had unprotected sex whether he pulled out or not, as the live sperm would have come thru his pre cum.
If your cousin had unprotected sex with her bf as she was ovulating, the chances of pregnancy are good. I would say your cousins bf is the baby daddy.