I started the depo shot at the end of feb. of 2011. I took it for a year. I then broke my arm and couldn't afford both the shot and my cast and MRI bills. So I had to pay for the cast. My fiancée and I would love to have a beautiful child but we are still unsure If we are truelly ready. Physically emotionally and financially. We have had unprotected intercourse many times since the end of feb. 2012 Here is the catch yes I missed my shot but I have read multiple articles and reviews about how your body can take months if not years to become fertile again. I had one period the whole time I was on the shot and that was a year ago. I'm now spotting sometimes more than others but I have been running a fever and getting sick along with only wanting to eat certain things, things I used to hate..... I called the nurse hotline and they told me that my sickness could be morning sickness my fever could be my body trying to accept the pregnancy because it would be my first and the unusual foods could be cravings but she said it could also be from the hormonal changes from being off the shot. Yes I know always wear a condom my mom told me that thro out my teenage years all the time and now I thank her for that :) but we a child but we are also afraid we wouldn't be able to give him/her the world Anyone have some advice?????

Well it's difficult to distinguish if you may be pregnant when discontinuing Depo -- atleast without a pregnancy test, because most women experience pregnancy symptoms when just coming off the shot. But if the two of you are stable in the ways you listed, then there should be no second-guessing when it comes to wanting to have a child..! Go for it if it's what you really desire! Good luck!