I am 25 years old, 16 weeks pregnant with my first. I have noticed a thick clumpy white or yellowish discharge for a few months now, even before I concieved, daily- I had intercourse today and reached orgasm twice- but I noticed yellow-brown clumps on the base of my husband and around my vagina obviously secreted from me... what could this be? I have not seen the doctor for a 2nd appointment yet...
I am terribly afraid I have a serious infection..my mother found she had cervical cancer 2 years ago. Would this be a symtom of cancer? infection? std?

no no, it's not cancer, of that I am sure.

When I was pregnant, my discharge was thick and white, sometimes yellowish. But it was always smooth. If yours is clumpy, it may be a simple yeast infection. It's very important you talk to your doctor about this since you are pregnant, before taking an over-the-counter remedy.
Any itching?

This same discharge is part of the normal discharge cycle through out a mentrual cycle, showing up after ovulation until the period. As long as it's not clumpy like cottage cheese and there's not itching and swelling.

Hope this helps and congrats on your pregnancy! :-) 16 weeks... won't be long before you feel the flutters, called quickening in the old days. (neat eh?)

You should go to the doctor. I know this is an old post but anyone reading this should go to the doctor if they have symptoms. My son was born at 26 weeks. It is a long story but thick mucus was my first sign something was wrong. If you notice any bleeding at all after 20 weeks go to the ER. Don't think you are overreacting.

When did you notice the discharge, and what was wrong?