About a week ago, I experienced soreness and irritation to my vagina area along with a white clumpy discharge. I assumed that it was a yeast infection, because I tend to get them from time to time so i took an over the counter medication, the soreness/irritation went away within about 2 days, but my discharge went from being white and clumpy to pink and clumpy. Do you know what this can be? Is this another form of an infection?

Hi there! What kind of over-the-counter medicine did you use?

When I suffered from yeast infection I used Monistat and I experienced even more discharge. It is said that one should be checked by a doctor if this happens but I never went until my symptoms persisted. To my surprise, I didn’t have yeast infection but bacterial vaginosis.

A doc told me these are often mistaken.

Oh really? I used Monistat as well. And yes my discharge increased too, but it turned pink. There is no smell or anything..just a thick, clumpy, pink discharge..i think im going to follow up with my gyno too to see what's going on down there.

You said you suffered from recurrent yeast infections? I thought I did so too. I used monistat but got no relief from the burning and itching. It became annoying when it appeared for the 4th time, and I went to the doc to get another prescription and to see if something could be done about it.

She prescribed a cortisone cream to apply for a week and then come and see her again. By the end of the week, my symptoms were gone. She told me to get rid of all the shampoons and showering creams, and wash my genitals only with water.
It appeared that I had something called irritant vulvitis that could be aggravated not only by deodorants but also nylon panties, swimsuits and strong detergents.

Ohh..ok.thanks for the info!..I have an appt w/ my gyno today to see what the problem is.

Hi renee81! Did you get your results from the gyno?

Yes, I went to the doctor and I was diagonosed with Bacterial Vaginosis. I was prescribed a one time dosage of vaginal cream and was told to keep soap, bubble bath, even feminine wash, etc from down there and to wash my genitals with water only. Thanks for your advice and helpful info!

It is good that you were finally diagnosed and that you can treat it now.

Take care
Jane

OH MY GOSH renee and jane, i am currently in the same situation, i thought it was a yeast infection which started dec 29 and i used Monistat Ovule insert, and the external cream, and everything was ok until a few minutes ago i went to the bathroom and discovered a pink clumpy discharge. I'm glad i found other women with information about this and tomorrow morning i am going to the doctor. :-D

thank god i found other people with these symptoms! i was so scared it was some sort of implantation bleeding or something, it definitely freaked me out. i am going to the clinic tomorrow but its not a doctor - just a planned parenthood nurse. will she be able to prescribe me the vaginal cream or will i have to go to a doctor? this is not an std is it? i am just so embarrassed.

Hello ladies. Sounds liek bacterial vaginosis to me (bv). I have been diagnosed with it and perscribed Metrogel. It works great, but you will get white toilet tissue like clumps. Its really a pain, but in my experience it will go away a few days after treatment.

Check with your doctor regarding the BV.

hello, ALL THESE SOUND LIKE WHAT I HAVE NEEN EXPERIANCING im 23. i take loestrin 24 fe bcps. Im having a watery discharge with white clumps that sometimes are a faint pinkish color. There is very minimal itching and no odor.....I went to my doc and he told me this was normal...I DONT THINK SO.... IM GLAD YOU LADIES POSTED THIS, BECAUSE I SEE SOMEONE ELSE IS GOING THROUGH THIS SO MAYBE I SHOULD GO TO ANOTHER DOC...THANX GUYS.

Thank you guys soooo much for all of your stories! I have all of the same symptoms and have tried all of the same over the counter products. I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow, so that I can get some meds to get rid of this!

Thanks

Oh thank god I seriously was concerned with my clumpy toilet tissue white to pinkish discharge and I'm almost completely relieved to hear this can be cured so simply thank you ladies you have all been a great deal of help.