Few days ago I have noticed some white, clumpy discharge. It looks somewhat like cottage cheese. I am afraid because I have heard that any changes in color or amount of discharge may be a sign of a vaginal infection. Because those vaginal infections are very common I believe most women will experience some form of a vaginal infection in their lifetime. That’s why I want to know if that is case with me. What this clumpy discharge means?

All women have some vaginal discharge, which is normal to occur. Normal discharge may appear clear, cloudy white, or yellowish when dry on clothing. It may also contain white flecks and at times may be thin and stringy too. Changes in normal discharge can occur for many reasons. Some of reasons include menstrual cycle, emotional stressors, nutritional status, pregnancy, usage of medications. There are included and birth control pills, and sexual arousal. Cause of your clumpy discharge might be and bacterial vaginosis. Similar to a yeast infection, there is an overgrowth of bacteria, and the delicate balance of the vaginal environment is upset. Clumpy discharge might be present when these bacteria occur in increased amounts. Recurrence of bacterial vaginosis is common and bacterial vaginosis can coexist with some other vaginal infections. The best is to visit your gynecologist to check for sure reason of your clumpy discharge.

i REALLY want an answer to this too.  It has been going on for a year.  Test after test after test after, yes, test have come back negative for yeast infection, bladder infection, infection infection, PAP smears normal.  I haven't had my hormones tested, but no amount of white cotton underwear, not using tampons, refraining from sex, cleaning with a ph balance feminine wash, standing on my head, chanting to the gods, eating like a saint is helping.  Doctor did theorize it might have something to do with my ovarian cysts, but told me they were resolving and it would be gone soon.  Maybe their idea of soon is a decade, I don't know.