Hello. I’m 18 and recently I have noticed vaginal discharge with has some strange yellowish color.
I have never had any problem similar to this so you understand why I panic this much.
This occurred just before my normal menstrual period and when I started to bleed, there were much bigger amounts of blood than normally.
I don’t know what to do? I am afraid to talk with my mother and I don’t wont her to find out about this, because I am suspecting on some sexually transmitted disease.
Could I be true? Any information would be more than welcome!

I understand why you are so worried about this. You must understand that you are very young and you are now starting to have problems associated with menstruation, bleeding, itchiness etc.
After a few years this will be something normal to you because -us, women, learn to live with it very quickly.
Some bacterial infection is most severe cause of unusual discharge.
There can be several bacterias involved and every one of them cause different symptoms. Trichomonas infection causes quite heavy greenish-yellow discharge and Gardnerella almost opposite.
This can be easily treated with special kind of antibiotic pills called vaginalets. This kind of drugs you put deep in your vagina and after a three to four days, all symptoms of infection will disappear.
Of course, there can be some sexually transmitted disease involved in this, but they all cause itchiness and some kind of visible changes in your genital region.
You will be sure only after a proper gynecological examination. These days you don’t even need to tell anything about this to your mother because you can go on examination y your self and all discretion will

I don't know what to do i have a partner and i'm scared because my partner has given me oral sex

Hi. I'm 23 and became pregnant at 16. I have been on the Depo Shot for 5 years and didn't have a period during this time. I am now off of the Depo shot and have a period. I have been off of the shot for about 7 months now. I wear a tampax everyday due to have strong smelly yellowish green discharge. The tampax keeps the smell from coming onto my underwear. Should I be very worried because I am afraid to go to the doctor because I do not want them to tell me its an STD.

Hi. I'm sorry to hear about this discharge. It has to be terrible. But first things first....you HAVE TO STOP using tampons. Using them like that gives you a higher chance of TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) Not only that, but it does sound like you may have some type of bad infection or possibly an STD. Keeping a tampon in everyday will do nothing but trap it there. You need to make you a Dr appt ASAP. I know your worried...I know exactly how you feel, but you have to get this treated or it will just get worse. I hope everyhting works out for you! Best of Luck.

You know, doctors see this stuff -all the time-.

Although it's most likely going to be a bacterial infection, it would be a lot smarter to go to the doc and KNOW what's happening and possibly fix it than to have an STD, not know or treat it, and then become infertile or possibly die.

Metaphorically speaking, not going to the doc is like standing on a train track, hearing the whistles blowing and not looking around to see where the train is or where you can jump.

It's normal to have some vaginal discharge, as the vagina stays moist as part of its self-cleansing mechanism. The normal moist discharge clears dead cells and bacteria from the vagina. It comes mainly from glands in the cervix (the neck of the womb), and is slightly acidic, which helps to keep infections at bay. The acidity results from lactic acid, formed by 'friendly' bacteria as they break down sugars.

The amount of normal discharge varies from woman to woman, and with the menstrual cycle. Many women notice that during the week after a period there is hardly any discharge, and what there is has a thick consistency. Towards the middle of the cycle (about 2 weeks after the start of a period) the amount increases and it becomes thin, slippery and clear, like uncooked egg white. When this discharge is exposed to the air it becomes brownish-yellow, so it is normal to find a yellowish stain on your undies at the middle of the monthly cycle. There may also be a feeling of moistness and stickiness.

Discharge also increases during pregnancy. And during sexual excitement, vaginal discharge becomes very profuse because two glands near the vaginal opening (the Bartholin's glands) secrete additional slippery mucus, which acts as a lubricant for intercourse.

Normal discharge doesn't smell, and does not cause any irritation or itching. A discharge is likely to be abnormal if:

it smells fishy
it's thick and white, like cottage cheese
it's greenish and smells foul
there's blood in it (except when you have a period)
it's itchy
you have any genital sores or ulcers
you have abdominal pain or pain on intercourse
it started soon after you had unprotected sex with someone you suspect could have a sexually transmitted disease.
Possible causes

bacterial vaginosis
thrush
forgotten tampons
gonorrhoea
trichomoniasis
Don't assume that a discharge is necessarily due to thrush; bacterial vaginosis is more common. This gives a fishy-smelling discharge - it's described in detail in the section on vulval problems.

Hi. I have had discharge since I was 14 years old. It was a yeast infection I believe so but, I was unsuccessful at treating it. It finally went away when I was 17. But returned again at the age of 19. Now that I am 21 I still have a problem with discharge. I have been two different doctor for about a year straight and still no change. I have also took different types of medicine, I don't wear panties at night and try to eat a lot of yogurt. This problem has affected me greatly. My sex life is up and down I really don't know what to do. My discharge often go through different colors, it could be white one day than yellowish another. Could someone please help me I'm going crazy.

I'm 17, and I have the same thing. But I don't think it's an STD. I've had the same sex partner since I became active, and I made damn well sure he didn't have anything. He and I have both been vaccinated for anything available. come our way. I was told that the discharge is more or less 'dead blood' that may have came from a previous or current late period. But I'm no doctor, so what do I know, all I know is, I'm not worried.

Thank god, I can fall asleep tonight now! Knowing that there's a chance that it's just normal discharge is good to hear!

i have noticed a normal discharge but recently it has started to smell bad kinda like fish but i know it isnt from being dirty down there because i shower everyday and i am worried other people might notice and i dont want to tell my mom because she might think i have been having sex but i didnt have intercourse at all yet whatsoever and i have no idea what to do i have been having my period regularly so i dont think it has anything to do with that. i dont want to go to the doctor because i find it akward can someone please tell me what to do about it or what is happening??? it would be greatly appreciated:)

hi hynd!

i understand in your situation, we also have clients have same conditions to you, and some of it are more severe than you're situation now. i suggest you try to use herbal sanitary pads that contains 17herbal ingredients on it.

what medication or kind of antibiotic can treat a yellowish vaginal discharge and smells foul?

after reading this post, i am also experiencing similar issues. However, my issue is I am having an affair but I am worried that this may be related to STD. I wanted to use my health insurance but I am affraid my husbands employer will find out.

I'm almost 17 now, and I've noticed a yellowish, fishy smelling discharge that I've had for a month and a half now. It started going away after a week or two, then I started using tampons to cover up the smell, and I started experiencing worse symptoms. I've been with my boyfriend for over a year and we're sexually active. However, I've never experienced symptoms like this before, so I don't really think it's an STD. But I'm terrified of going to a doctor because I have certain phobias and am uncomfortable with the thought of visiting a gynecologist. Can someone please tell me what might be going on, and if there is any over-the-counter treatment going on? I've read that it could be bacterial vaginosis, unbalanced pH, or just my vagina cleaning itself out. I don't know what to think!