Hello everyone,

I see that this place is very active and I was hoping that you could help me with something.

I'm living a pretty healthy life, I'm exercising every day and I usually spend most of my time outside. 

Now, three days ago, while I was running, I felt big pressure on my chest and I had trouble breathing for a couple of minutes maybe, or it just seemed so long to me. I got scared and I hoped that it won't happen again, but it did happen again, just 2 hours ago and now I'm scared for real.

Can this mean that I have heart problems?

Hi Brayan,

Pressure on your chest is one of the most important symptoms of heart problems. The feeling usually lasts longer than a few minutes. It may happen when you're at rest or when you're doing something physical. 

On the other hand, about your breathing problem, I'm not sure that this is associated with heart problems. It might be something else causing this.

Considering the pressure on your chest that you are feeling, I'd suggest that you go and see your doctor about this matter. It is not something to play with and you should go and do some tests for if you have any heart problems, you need to start treating them as fast as possible.

Hey you two,

Health n Joy has a point here, pressure on your chest is indeed the most easily noticed symptom of heart problems. However, it's strange that you would have any sort of heart problems since you are living such a healthy life.

I wish I could tell you something more about the fact that you have trouble breathing, but shortness of breath is associated with about 65 different conditions and you need to investigate this one for yourself.

As Health n Joy already advised you to do, visiting your doctor is very important thing to do here. The sooner you find out what is your problem, the sooner you'll start treating it.

Hi everyone,

There are indeed a lot of conditions connected with shortness of breath, Alan, but if you connect his shortness of breath with the pressure which he feels on his chest, you can narrow down your options.

Taking in consideration the two symptoms that you wrote, Brayan, I'm guessing that you could have a heart rhythm disorder, some of these disorders can cause a fluttering in the chest, shortness of breath, chest pain or dizziness.

You could as well have congestive heart failure, people with congestive heart failure can have shortness of breath, fatigue and feel pressure on their chests.

But all of these conditions are indeed connected with heart problems.

Good day there.

That doesn’t have to mean that you are having heart problems, but pressure on chest and not being able to breathe is something that you should not joke with.

I don’t know did you ever had any heart issues or did you feel that something is going on with your heart, but you need to check this situation as soon as possible.

There are so many thing that can cause you to have pressure in your chest but neither one of us cannot tell you what it can be until you go and visit your doctor about this.

Hello. It doesn’t have to mean that you are having heart problems. Why? Because you can lose your breath when you are running because you are not breathing properly or when you are walking. There are so many things why you can lose your breath and this can make pressure on your chest. But just to be sure, visit your doctor because even if this is not that dangerous sometimes, maybe it is related to heart problems. I really hope that this is not a condition to worry about. I hope that you are going to be fine. Good luck.

Hello guys.

I have to disagree with you Guest. I need to tell you that from your post I can only figure out that you are recommending Brayan not to visit the doctor. Pressure on the chest is the first sign of heart problems. That is the very first sign that you need to visit your doctor and maybe you really are dealing with heart problems.

I am pretty sure that your doctor will tell you what test you need to do to find out what is going on with you.

I found out that I am dealing with heart problems because I had pressure on chest.  

Hello everyone. I will tell you what has happened to me. When I was 17 years old I was playing volleyball at my high school. I was maybe one of the best players in the school and everyone were telling me that I am going to have a career in this sport. I was really optimistic as well. When I turned 18, every time when I was playing I was feeling this abnormal chest pain and pressure in my chest. I didn’t pay that much attention on it until one day during the game I was not able to breath. They took me at the hospital and I was diagnosed with tachycardia and arrhythmia. Since that day I am taking propranolol for heart. Yes, those are definitely first signs of heart problems.