Hello.

I am new in here. My friends told me about this site and I have decided to join here. I am sure that you can help me with my issues and I am sure that I will be able to help you sometimes :)

Here is my problem. I was playing rugby almost my whole life. But three years ago my son was born and I stopped with my “career”.

Since then I am having problems with my heart beats. One day they are slow, but when the night comes they are very fast.

Are those signs of heath failure? What are the first signs of it?

Thank you!

Hey there what you are describing does not sound like heart failure .... Do you feel stressed or anxious when it beats fast . How long does the fast heart rate last? Do you have any chest pain tightness or shortness of breath?

Hey there Biomajor10.
Yes, sometimes I do feel some discomfort in my chest and sometimes I do have shortness of breath. That scares me and that is why I become stressed. When I am stressed it is worse. I don’t know sometimes I can’t explain how I feel. But I know that I am scared and I can’t figure out is this because I am not playing any kind of sports anymore.
For example last night I woke up because I had shortness of breath and it lasted for three minutes at least.
That is why I am confused and I am planning to visit my doctor of course.

Yes definatly see a doctor but it sounds to me that this could be related to anxiety.... Obviously we wanna rule any of the more serious thing out with some testing but it very well could be do to anxiety

Hey Biomajor10.
So I went to see my doctor today (after three days he had time for me) and he just “checked me”. I mean, he didn’t do any analyses and I am not sure should he do them or not. And you know what he told me? He told me that this is nothing and that I was probably excited because of something :/
OK, I listened to him but soon as I came home I felt this pain again and again. I really want to know should I seek for other doctor’s opinion and what should I do if I am dealing with anxiety?
Thank you so much!

Hey Eric how old are you? It probably would not be bad to get a second opinion but first you may want to call back and tell them what happened with the pain. You could even mention anxiety and see if he would
Be willing to see you for that.... How long do these episodes of pain last? You may want to bee seen when you are actually experiencing pain

Hello. If I were you, I would recheck that. There is no need to panic, because that can also affect your heart. But you don’t want to leave it like that. There is certainly a reason that is causing your heart to beat faster that often.

When it comes to heart failure symptoms, they include: shortness of breath, increased heart beat (which you are experiencing), persistent coughing and wheezing, fatigue and tiredness, swelling in the feet, legs, ankles or abdomen, weight gain, lack of appetite, lack of memory or feeling a bit disoriented. 

Do you have any of these other symptoms? 

I remember when my neighbor started having first signs of heart failure. He first started feeling tired all the time. 

I remember when he came to visit us and said for the first time that it was unusually hard for him to climb the stairs. 

Then his wife told us that his feet are often swollen, she didn’t really know what caused this even though he was already suspecting it has something to do with his heart because by that time he had already encountered shortness of breath and overall difficulties in breathing.  Not much time has passed till he was diagnosed with heart failure.

First I would like to thank you all guys. Biomajor 10, I am going to be 42 years old in November. I still haven’t see a doctor because my friend recommended me his doctor and he will be in town in two days. He is really good expert according to my friend words. And I will definitely ask him about anxiety. I just can’t tell you for how long these episodes of time lasts because sometimes they last for 10 minutes and sometimes like they last forever. For example, I was fine in the past two days but last night I experienced hard pain.

It would be ideal to be in the hospital when the pain starts, that way they can determine what’s causing it.

I don’t know the situation in your country, but here where I live, when this happens and they consider it a big deal, they leave you at the hospital for a couple of days to see if there is a reason for them to be worried.

Of course if you live in a town that has many citizens you can’t really expect that, since probably they don’t have that much space. But there are always private hospitals, and that’s not something you should save up your money on.

Heart failure is not so difficult to indentify, at least I think so. I was a teenager when my grandma was diagnosed with it and my mom foreknew it  two weeks before the doctors realized what was happening.

She just paid good attention to her symptoms. Grandma couldn’t sleep at night because she couldn’t breathe well, her urination was also increased during night, she lacked energy. She was confused and sometimes she would forget things. Nobody took that serious, they thought it was just a result of her getting old. And it turned out, those were all the first symptoms of heart failure.

Hi everyone. I also do believe that signs of heart failure is not that hard to recognize because there is usually a pain and that pain is usually sharp. You are feeling different, it hurts you and you have some ugly pressure in your chests. That is the main symptom that you should not ignore

When this happens you should know that you need to go to the ER immediately. It doesn’t matter what they will tell you there.

I hope that they will tell you that everything is OK, but you need to know that they can set diagnose immediately. I mean, it should not be such a big problem, right?