It is 5:03am I've been up for over an hour to get my breathing under control, the wheezing was heavy and there is a pressure on my chest.  I took the Atrovent when I woke up coughing.  It is better when I lay on my stomach but it was too much tonight.  Got up, the wheezing is still there but not as bad now.  This has been a long struggle.  I don't know what this is -asthma, allergies, heart problem; I've just about given up with it.  Different doctors say different things and I'm going to follow up with a different physician with some of my concerns. I have a childhood history of asthma but didn't have an attack until around 2010 after opening a mold filled box with a rotting cocoa nut inside.  That is when the coughing started.  It would wake me sometimes three times a night.  About three weeks after I went to a doctor with chest pain and wheezing.  Low potassium they tell me.  I'd been working with acetone and paint so I figured that was what got me.  I took supplements but the coughing and wheezing persisted.  Sometimes it would hit me out of nowhere but in 2012 it got worse -exercise became exhausting, I'd use my inhaler they have me (Albuterol Sulfate) but it didn't help.  It made me light headed and my heart pounded.  Wheezing got worse.  They diagnosed me with high blood pressure and tachycardia.  Blood pressure meds, anxiety meds (didn't help the wheezing ).  Bad breathing attack in 2014 and when I woke up there was a rash across my neck and chest.  The doctor ran a blood panel and found type K lyme disease from a tick bite. I got medicine for that too.  Sleep studies revealed the coughing and wheezing but my oxygen levels appeared fine.  Sent me to Speech Therapists (no VCD  and no GERD)  She heard the wheezing though. It isn't constant, some days are worse than others. They sent me to pulmonologists (several)  They decided the issue might be environmental.  Allergy testing showed a severe dust reaction.  I now have weekly allergy shots and  I got an epi-pen.  Seen the second pulmonologist, he thinks it is asthma but put me on Atrovent.  They found severe polyps and they want to do surgery come February.  I feel like they are missing something.......maybe I'm being pretentious?  So very tired of dealing with this. My primary symptoms:  shortness of breath, wheezing, pressure on the chest, worse laying down.  Ever since I started having trouble exercising (cardio) in 2012, I don't do quite as much exercise. I weigh 130 lbs and I am about 5'1 and 33 years old. Going to the doctor is tiresome, and I keep feeling like I'm run in circles with them doing their best to figure things out.  They have found things...but I wonder if any of it is the root problem.....and that incident with the mold/spores has me wondering if that could have done something...  Does anyone have thoughts .....

I've followed up with the doctor again. She switched me back to a medication called Xopenex which seems to work better as long as I take it every 6 hours. I am scheduled to see a new pulmonologist due to the frequency of the attacks. I'll continue to keep this updated.