Good day there folks. In the past couple of days, since I came from my vacation, I am not feeling that fine. I have some weird changes in behavior and I don't know what might have caused them. I have so strong pressure in my chests, like something is ripping inside. My friend told me that I should not joke with it and that I should visit my doctor immediately. I was searching about this on the internet and I found out that those symptoms could be symptoms of heart valve prolapse.   What are signs and symptoms of heart valve prolapse?

Hey there. For every heart condition we can tell that the main symptoms is pressure in your chest or extremely sharp pain. I can see that this has happened to you as well. There are a couple signs that can determine are you dealing with heart valve prolapse. Here are some of them:

• For example, you can feel palpitations  - those are  the feelings that your heart is skipping a beat, fluttering, or beating too hard or too fast)
  • you have shortness of breath
  • Cough is bothering you
  • You feel tiredness, dizziness, or anxiety
  • Migraine headaches
  • Chest discomfort.

If you have any of those symptoms, seek for an immediate help. 

Hey there.

Mitral valve prolapse is a condition in which the two valve flaps of the mitral valve do not close smoothly or evenly, but instead bulge (prolapse) upward into the left atrium. That is the main definition of it. But you can easily be without any symptom or sign for this.  Because most patients with MVP do not experience symptoms, a murmur may be detected during a routine physical examination when a healthcare provider uses a stethoscope to listen to the heart. Common symptoms include bursts of rapid heartbeat (palpitations), chest discomfort and fatigue.   If you feel anything form it, you should check it. 

Hey. Well actually, now when you have mentioned it, I can feel some palpitations. Sometimes, even when I am resting I have some strange heartbeats. Sometimes it skips so I am loosing my breath as well. That makes me feel like I am going to faint occasionally. But I was thinking that this happens because I am very tired sometimes. It also happens to me when I am up from my bed or chair. About some other symptoms that you mentioned are headaches. I just cant believe that symptoms were just in front of me and that I haven't notice them :/

Good day there. Look guest I am really surprised that you haven't notice those symptoms before. I can see from your case that they were repeating, and still you didn't notice them. I am sorry because I need to tell you this, but you have been a little bit irresponsible and you know that. When you felt those palpitations, you should inform your doctor imidiatelly about this. It is serious, this can make your heart very weak and that could be a problem. You should never ignore any of the symptoms.

La Yi La is right there Guest, you are a bit of irresponsible. At least you are irresponsible for yourself and not for the others. Some people say that you can't be good for others if you are not good for yourself, but I think that they are very wrong there, and I think that you are okay as a person as long if you are okay towards others, now, if you don't want to take care of yourself, that's your thing.

Your friend told you to go and seek help from your doctor and you didn't listen to him, that is a mistake.

Hey Guest,

It is indeed a mistake, you should immediately ask for medical help if you think that there is anything wrong about your heart because you know how things are with your heart: if it doesn't work, you die, it is that simple.

Although heart valve prolapse is usually a lifelong disorder, many people with this condition never have symptoms. When diagnosed, people may be surprised to learn that they have a heart condition. These people will never require any kind of treatment, like their heart valves are just fine. I'm afraid that this isn't the case with you and you need to talk to a doctor.

Hey Guest,

Like everyone told you already, in most cases, people don't have any signs and symptoms and require no treatment, but unlucky for you, you do. When signs and symptoms do occur, it may be because blood is leaking backward through the valve (regurgitation). Heart valve prolapse symptoms can vary widely from one person to another. They tend to be mild and develop gradually. Symptoms may include:

- A racing or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, often when lying flat or during physical activity
- Fatigue
- Chest pain that's not caused by a heart attack or coronary artery disease.

Hi everyone,

I see you are all here criticizing Guest together, I'd gladly join you since you are all right, but you need to understand that you are not helping with your attitude so if you think of a better way to actually help, be sure to share it with her or him.

I'll tell you the same as the others, just without the criticizing part: you need to go and talk to your doctor. Tell him how you fail and what you think your problem is, he will do some tests and determine if you are right, and then he will set the proper treatment for you.