Hello there. I didn't know that there is a difference between signs of heart attack in women and man. But my friend recently was talking about this and she told me that there is a huge difference indeed. Since that day I was sure that the signs and symptoms for everyone are the same. Actually, I still believe in this. So, I would like you to tell me what do you know about it. I want to know what are the early warning sings of heart attack in both - women and man. If you do know, let my know as well. 

Tnx! 

Good day there. Well, the classic symptoms of heart attack include a feeling of extreme pressure on the chest and chest pain, including a squeezing or full sensation lightheadedness. Also, the symptoms that are very common in women are:

• nausea,
  • extreme tiredness,
  • fainting,
  • dizziness,
  • pressure in the upper back, etc.

When it comes about men, doctors say that in general, the three most commonly reported symptoms when men have a heart attack are:

• Chest pain
  • Chest discomfort
  • Chest pressure.

So basically, symptoms are pretty much the same but the theory is a bit different.

Good luck.

Hey Guest,

The Big Z is right about this, both men and women feel a few same things when a heart attack is about to happen, and these are chest discomfort, or chest pain, something like an angina chest pain, if you know how that looks like.

Now, if you are a woman, you can have a lot more symptoms than just this chest pain, you can have all the symptoms that The Big Z mentioned above plus shortness of breath, vomiting, lightheadedness, and a feeling of breaking out in a cold sweat. I guess that it is better to be a man in this case.

Hello there,

Yes, it is true that us women have more signs of an upcoming heart attack but these things are not always easy to understand, I mean, these signs, unless it isn't the first heart attack that you are having, if you had some before, then you will know exactly how you feel, trust me, you won't miss it.

I believe that people above me are right about the signs that they wrote. Rather than just chest pain, a person can also have jaw pain, or toothache, or even headache. So basically these things normally happen, so a person can't be sure that he or she is having a heart attack.

Hello everyone,

Well most of the signs are same for both man and women. I'll just add one thing to everything that people above me wrote: the symptoms that you said that women have and men don't, this isn't precise. Men can have these symptoms as well, but women are more prone to have them and so they are often noticed in women and rarely in men. 

Actually, if you didn't know, a heart attack can come as a silent killer, without even showing any symptoms or signs. You just pass out and next thing you know, if you are lucky, you wake up in a hospital.

Hey Bee,

Yes, I remember I heard somewhere a while ago that a heart attack can be silent, like you said, without the person knowing anything about it before passing out. That is kind of scary, don't you think? It makes it much more easier if you have any symptoms and you understand that they mean that you are having a heart attack, so you can call for an emergency or tell someone to drive you there as quickly as possible.

Just imagine that you are alone in the house and you are having this silent heart attack, that is just too scary.

Hello there.
Thank you! You guys are so amazing, I just couldn't imagine that I am going to have some answers that soon. But, let me get this clear - both of them - male and female are more likely to have the same symptoms, but also there is a difference between the symptoms? OK, I think that I get this a little bit now. You know what else I want to know? I want to know why women have more symptoms and why they are more likely to develop some symptoms? If you know something about it, let me know. Thank you.

Good day there guys.

I know a couple of warring sings in both – male and female. I don’t know which one is different, but this might be helpful to you. If this happens to you, you need to be extremely careful and call your doctor immediately. Here are some symptoms.

• You feel sudden numbness or weakness of the legs,
  • Suddenly, you are having the moments of confusion or trouble understanding, 
  • Trouble seeing in one or both eyes, 
  • You can’t walk, you have dizziness, loss of balance or coordination 
  • Sudden severe headache with no known cause.

Those are potential symptoms of heart attack.

Hi guys.

I agree with everyone, but I also need to add that I do believe that pretty much all symptoms are the same. But I also do believe that there is a difference between the symptoms. In women, symptoms usually are:

• uncomfortable pressure in chest,
  • squeezing in your chest,
  •  pressure in the center of your chest that usually lasts for a couple of minutes,
  • pain or discomfort in both arms, back and even the stomach,
  • shortness of breath,
  • nausea,
  • sweat,
  • lightheadedness,

In men, also the most common heart attack symptoms is chest pain and discomfort.