more hte past couple of months I have been having slight trouble breathing,nothing serious but it just feels like I'm not drawing in enough air and I throw myself into a panic attack,along with these attacks,sometimes I feel like my heart has stopped beating or my pulse is very weak,but I find the pulse is usually very weak when I am lying in bed,what could this possibly be?

what did the doctor's say to you?

do you still feel that your heart is stopping or is it gone?

Get out of here, I can't believe what I am reading. I went off the pill 2 months ago after like 15 years, except to have my kids. I got the iud. Well lately I get these same feelings like I can't get enough air in and I feel a little numb and just no myself. I sit there starting to freak out, because I have to concentrate on breathing in and out and feel like its still not enough. The doctor did not even associate it with going off the pill, he said I could be having anxiety attacks. I said but I have a great family and no stress. He said I could have them any way, if it does not go away we will treat me for this. Then I stumbled upon an article saying withdrawing from hormone replacement could cause anxiety. So of course thats when it dawned on me and I put this info in computer and found this site. I can't beleive so many people are having this problem. I feel better knowing what it is. Did yours go away yet? I wonder if this will go away or if we will need meds?

:'( well i have all those symtoms and theyre getting worse too now i have acid reflux and i think my esophagus is hurt cus ive had it for a long time and that makes my hard brething problem even worse cus my trhoat feels hurt when i breathe also when i swallow stuff even water im really scared i stopped going to school im only 18 and i cant enjoy life im scared to die i cant do any kind of excersise because i get numb everywhere my face hands stomag and chest then, sometimes i feel my heart is not beating normally and im scared to go out of my house i have about 3 months or more without going out of my house im really scared i really need some1 to help me
please someone :'(

Awww. :(

what do you need help with exactly?

So wat did da doctor say wat happened n by da way does this happen sumthimes when ur depressed n worried coz i really need 2 knw coz 1 of my mate is sort of going through all this n im ganna try my bst 2 help him so could u plz tell me sumthin about this plz!!!!!

So i have been having SOB(shortness of breath) and was diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder.. WEll i had a baby about 7 months ago, and about 3 motnhs ago i got on the ring, then i had my period for a montha dn had a panic attack.. got off of it and now have some major anxiety.. Somtimes i feel like i cant breath... I have to focus and tell myself to breath, how do i stop this?

I found that something as simple as having a drink of water can help with this, to a suprising degree aswell. Also, alothough it must seem hard, if you try to forget about your breathing for a while, (i.e by distracting yourself) then the breathing will return to normal by itself and you might suddenly realise, "oh my breathing feels fine now" and feel much better about it.

hi im 24 year old male and i had these symptoms about 3 years ago i dunt know wat it is but just reading people wrote is what exactly waht i have.. im really scared too cuz everyday i gasp for and i wont stop shaking..first its start of with leg shaking then my body starts to shake and my head would knod back and fort and my body would get numb my bodys tense all the time. I had to quit my job too cuz of this symptoms i cant seem to focus on things its very hard to concentrate i just hope ill get over this its really annoying i cant even go out sometimes im always relying on my meds which i dunt wanna take anymore i was put on ativan to relax me.. i need help

:'( hi im 16 years old. sometimes i get these feeling like my heart is going to stop.. is this normal?

hi - I have been having similar feelings as everyone else. Sometimes I feel like I have to stop and remind myself to breathe. and then it makes my heart race weirdly and it often happens before I go to sleep while lying in bed which freaks me out more because I worry about it happening while I sleep and dying, etc...
I am doing research on the internet but found this site first and just questions...no answers :-( :-(

i'm 16 and sometimes i get the same thing with my breathing but i feel like my heart is beating unbelievably fast and i get palpitations that are pounding in my head. its as if i've done loads of exercise even when i've been sitting still. then it can just stop and i feel normal again. does anyone else get that?

i have thies aswell .... its just anxiety ..... dont be alarmed......

my doc told me you get them from being anxious about something ... just do what i do ... take beep breaths and focus on your breathing . If you feel tired then try to drink herbal tea before you go to bed and a nice hot bath ... reasure yourself that your not going to die or nothing is going to happen to you .

No one has ever died from and anxiety attack .. they will egt better and try to focus on something possitive ... like seeing friends.

email me on if you need someone to talk to . x

its normal ... dont worrie... everyone gets them one or even more times in their life.
I get them about every 2 weeks ...

the key thing is

1) Sleep
2) Herbal tea
3) reasure yourself that you are ok and nothing is going to happen to you.
4) focus on something possitive.
5) Be aware YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY PERSON THAT GETS ANXIETY ATTACKS. (most people get then and being able to know your not the only one is comforting.

if you need a chat about it then email me at

remember .... you are safe and it will pass!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

NO ITS NOT BUT SUMTIMES I HAVE TROUBLE WITH BREATHING SUMTIMES IT GOS AWAY FAR A LONG TIME UNTILL AM STRESSIN REAL HARD OR SUMTHIN.