I should find out today if they are going to total my car. So new or used?

Depends on how much money you have to throw away. You lose a huge amount on the value of a new car as soon as you sign the papers.. You can save thousands buying a 2+ year old car.

I would more lean towards new. But if a late model truck with low miles came up to fit my needs I would likely jump on it.

Used. New cars are over-priced. Let someone else take the hit for instant depreciation.

I will never ever buy a new car. The depreciation just isn't worth it. Unless you intend on running a car to death, I say used is the way to go. You can save several thousands on a car not even a year old with low miles.

Last year I bought a 2005 Crown Vic Police Interceptor. My reasoning was that it only had 135,000 miles on it, the price was right and it previously belonged to my home town department. I knew it had been well serviced and they don't get in high speed pursuits. It probably sat around for hours at a time idling but they are built for that. The engine is a very reliable design. It has "stab proof" seat backs. The only thing I overlooked is if I had gone a year newer it would have had bullet proof doors too.

I always buy new. I like knowing I've been the only one driving my vehicle. I will buy used only if I can pay cash for it.

Had to have a virgin?

I have never bought new..guess it just isn't important to me whether it's been driven before...we usually buy about 1 year old.

You know what you hear? All that talk about how something always goes wrong in the first year of a new car? I always thought it was a bunch of (pardon my french) 'Poppycock' until it started happening to all my friends and family members...

I'd go used all the way...

New or late model for us

New. With 0% financing and a full warranty, why buy used?

Used cars have questionable pasts. What kind of driver owned the car before you.

Used cars often give you a whole new set of headaches.

I have bought new twice. One new, one used for the Mrs.

Mine have never had a problem. The FORD (Found On Road Dead) was new but had more problem then a math book. The used one has had a few problems over half still under warrenty.

We still seem to be split down the middle

Our Found On Road Dead car has over 170,000 miles and very few problems. :shrug:

My 2005 Crown Vic Police Interceptor (CVPI) has had some repairs due to it's age and some have been known problems with that engine. The intake manifold is plastic and it cracks or breaks. In the late 90s Ford agreed to extend the warranty to cover that for several extra years but only on police cars and taxis. The engine came into use in 1996 I believe so it began happening quite young. Mine had 145,000 miles on it before it happened.