I need a convenient way to be able to ice my knees and still be mobile.

Home-made ice bags just seem to leak everywhere and it's hard to get them to stay in place.

Unfortunately I am becoming quite informed on icing the knees lately. The best thing to do is get a freezable gel pack. They won't harden up when frozen and allow you to really get all around the knee. These can also be heated in the microwave if you need heat therapy.

I was also looking at getting an Active Wrap once they release their knee wrap.

I have an ice bag from a medical supply company that remains pliable.

You can look at PRO MODEL KNEE for specific knee application.

How long are you planning on icing them for? With icing, little and often generally works more effectively at reducing inflammation. I have found 5-10mins every hour for a couple of hours usually gives great results for most injuries/conditions.
I use a frozen poly cup for most icing - research shows that ice massage cools muscles more efficiently than static ice packs.

I like the frozen poly cup too. Cheap and easy to use.

I'm with Rache on this one. Although I use Dixie cups. Peel off the top, ice for 5-7 minutes and you're good to go.

10 oz bag of frozen peas!!!!! Corn works okay to. everytime you have to shuttle somewhere in the car.....grab that bag and put it on your knee while you drive....get home....toss in freezer again.

:1:
I have the frozen gel thing too but I prefer the peas. They tend to conform to my knee better. And they are supra cheap! Just be sure the family knows which ones are for your knee and which ones are to be eaten....

This gets my vote too...10-15 minutes of immobility isn't too much down time and this is really effective.