Hello, I am 29 years old and I have annoying medical problem. I am having these small cracks at the angles between lips that are not healing. They sometime even bleed if I open mouth just a bit wider. Is this something serious. I have hears that this might be a case of Angular Cheilitis. Should I go see a doctor or may I take some medication on my own?

Angular Cheilitis indeed is a condition whose main symptoms are changes on skin in the mouth angular area, both left and right. This disease is manifested with cracks and splits and, bleeding might occur. Candida Albicans might be the cause. Treatment is based on antifungal medications, antibiotics also. For young children, just encouraging them not to touch those spots and lick lips will be enough.

It can also be health related if you have a vitamin defficeincy b12 etc or poor fitting dentures they might contribute to the problem.
Those antifungal prescriptions rarley work Ive heard your best to see a doctor and perhaps visit one of those natural home cure websites, I tried their remedy and it got rid of my angular cheilitis just as promised. cheilitis treatmentis one. Theres others just look around the web. But i found the price is cheapest there.

good luck