How will I know if my tooth is cracked? How does it feel? Is there a pain while eating or some strange sounds?

Cracked teeth exhibit a variety of symptoms, so if your tooth is cracked you might feel occasional pain when chewing, particularly between bites as you release the pressure on your teeth. They are difficult to diagnose because the pain comes and goes, and cracks only rarely show up on x-rays. You might also feel pain when you eat or drink something hot or cold, but that is sign for many things too.

You might have a toothache when cold or hot liquids/food come into contact with the tooth, or when you bite down or chew. Depending on the depth and extent of the crack, you might not feel anything. This is why regular dental exams every six months are so important. A dentist can detect unknown fractures in your teeth before they get worse and start to cause you pain. If you're asking this question because you think you have a crack in your tooth, I would have a dentist examine it ASAP.