I am thinking to do face lift, maybe neck too. I am worried about possible side effects that may occur after the cosmetic surgery. I am 43 year old, and sometimes when I look at my self, at wrinkles I think that I am 50. I am miserable.

Surgery will not stop aging, but face lift can surely improve some signs pf aging process.
After the cosmetic surgery, there may be significant puffiness and bruising for several weeks, and you may feel a temporary numbness or tightness in the face or neck. Side effect can be nerve damage that causes permanent loss of sensation or movement in the facial muscles can occur in rare instances. The scars from face lift are normally in the hairline and folds of the ear, and usually lighten with time. However, the kind of scars cannot be predicted with total accuracy, because everyone heals differently.

I am 48 and just had a face/neck lift. It has been a interesting journey...but I would do it all again...guess that speaks for itself!
It was more painful than I thought it would be...but the pain pills help a lot. It's been nearly 5 weeks now and I still can't feel my ears but my chin has come back already. Eating takes some getting use too. It is tight to chew which was fine by me...I have lost weight! It feels somewhat like your always being choked slightly. But I had a abdominoplasty is Feb 06 and it felt the same way and now it just feels normal to me so I'm sure that will happen with my neck too. There are many stitches in the hairline, chin and around both ears to be removed but none that hurt just time consuming. Pick a Surgeon close by if you can, you will be there a lot! The stitches under the chin may or may not need ultra sound treatment...I did. My treatments are 3xs weekly and that requires appointments, time and a driver (until you feel better). You will need the pain pills but can't drive while taking the pain pills so you either go in pain or have a driver. After the first week it is pretty much up to the patient. It takes some orchastrating to get everything planned out. I have one small child so that too had to be figured in to the planning. I gave myself two weeks and could of used a little longer but luckily my child is a girl and easy going. Too young to understand she just taged along to the many appointments with a bag of toys hoping Mommy's face wasn't going to stay looking like she fell out of a plane face first :-) The first few days were a blur and I can't remember much. I had the surgery on a Thursday which was perfect. I was in the Surgery Center for two days. My Dr. requires two days for all face lift patients, just to ensure a patent airway upon discharge. It was a good idea. The care was wonderful and really helps you through the first few days of pain to not have to deal with oral pain killers. Even taking a pill is difficult for awhile. You will look like a Mummy right after surgery but go home with a simple loose fit bandage and then on the third day you can have someone wash all of the blood out of your hair (it will be red). You will be completely numb for weeks so who ever washes your hair out can be assured that they are not hurting you. Your complexion will determine how you heal and how you bruise. The fairer the patient the more the bruises show but the better you heal. That's just a fact. I am very fair and still have bruises at five weeks but my incision is nearly invisable. The Dr.'s tell you to expect subtle changes from a face/neck lift and that it isn't going to be drastic like other cosmetic surgeries and that seems to be true. My Father-in-law said "I looked nice" and that was all the comments I have received so far. He has no idea that I have had surgery so it was just that a "comment" but...he has never said it to me before and I have been married a very long time so... perhaps there is a slight difference."I" notice it and "I" feel great about the procedure. It has turn back the clock about 10 years. The "jowls' are completely gone..the neck is tight even looking down in a mirror...the cheeks are hollow again..."I love it!"...but my already thin lips look even thinner so that will be next! My best advice is to plan ahead...get a great Surgeon....go on your first instincts...if he is rushing...it is probably a good sign...if he is rushing you...it is probably a bad sign...he should be busy and hard to get in to see but take time and be calm once you and him/her are alone in the exam/office. That means word of mouth has made him/her a desired Surgeon. Also ten years or more practice seems to be a good amount of time to have this "Face/neck lift down pat...Face/neck lifts are not easy...it takes talent and practice...this is your face afterall! Look up your Surgeon on the internet and find out if he/she has any Malpractice suits against him...see where he/she obtained his/her training... was it out of the country?. was it a well known University?, was it in 1928?...all good things to know. Everyone pretty much has the same price...so go with quality. I didn't with my first cosmetic procedure and regreted it... I just didn't know what to look for...my Surgery Center was far away...I figured it was no big deal...a one time thing but...the drive home was a nightmare! and very painful. I regreted every painful mile. The Surgeon said...Do you want to stay or go home? no information on why I would choose one over the other. On my first visit he made very rude comments about my then 19 month old daughter...I made excuses for him...he was having a bad day...he did a wonderful job on my breasts...but the after care was horrible! On my first appointment back to have my stitches removed he grabbed my baby's bottle out of her mouth and caused her to have "fat lip"and then began to go on about how much per square foot he had paid for his carpet and that he was sure such a "substantial child' could go without a bottle for the length of the visit. (my baby weighed 13 pounds at 19 months!) hardly a Porker! I was in shock..then he said ...please don't bring "that" meaning my baby, back with you next time..she has too hard of a time sitting quietly in her stroller...no she has a hard time being "assalted"! As a Mother I now wanted to give him a fat lip, but I clearly had to see him again so I got a sitter and went back for follow ups, which were horrible...I learned to go with my first instincts after that..the hard way! The next time I did everything right and my Surgeon is wonderful, as is his staff. Good luck and if you have any specific questions regarding the surgery I would be happy to answer them as far as my experience anyway.

Who is your plastic surgeon?

OH my had I read this before mine I might not have elected to have my face and neck done less then weeks ago. I have had NO pain, just discomfort for sleeping, but I have managed. I LOVE my face and neck.
My experience was wonderful. I was in for surgery at 8 out at 12 in recover till almost 2pm and went home after. Came back to the doctors office the next day. Took off the bandage helment and he looked at my skin and told me I was doing great to go home and wash my hair. Which I did and I've been great every since. I see the doctor for the 3rd time this Thursday which will be just over 2 weeks out of surgery. I will see him again in 1 month for after photos. Maybe it's the surgeron you need to have for great results. I know I was dancing around the house the next day! :-D

Where did you have your work done and who was the surgeon? Please tell us. Your experience is extraordinary! I'm sure a lot of ladies would like to know. I'm really happy for you. You make others want to run out and have the surgery done. It sounds like you didn't have any post-surgical problems. Please provide us with that information.