I'm feeling quite scared and uncomfortable at the moment, and i'm not quite sure whats wrong with me... I've been looking at a lot of the other people's symtoms and often i find that a lot of people usually have similar symptoms but are then diagnosed with completely different things... so i'm not quite sure where to draw the line, whether i'm anxious or if theres something actually more worrying...
Anyway, i'm male, 18 years old and recently i've been finding it hard to breath, it's not actually affecting my airway too much because when i think about it, i can breath, it's just a tightened, tense feeling around the front of my neck and throat which is fairly consistant. I get scared quite easily, especially when i have more time to think about it, for example, before i go to sleep it usually gets worse (which is why i'm kindof worrying about it now...) I find that if i'm with my friends or someone where i can easily forget about it then i feel a little better and the feeling fades a little, but as i said, it's pretty much a consistant feeling, as if the muscles in the front of my neck are over working, like im trying to open my throat to let more air into my lungs. It also feels like there is something there, maybe it's flem but i'm not sure, and when i look at the back of my throat it seems okay, maybe a little sore but thats all.
It was almost a month ago now when i started feeling really not myself... I feel a little down, constantly tired whereas before i felt a lot more boisterous and happy, enjoying myself. I have been undergoing a little bit of stress, starting a new course at college and handing in deadlines, but i wouldn't say its worth getting like this over. Anyway, around three weeks ago i had a panic attack in a cinema, i've been twice now with my girlfriend and havent managed to make it through a movie which is probably more frustrating for her than it is me, but when it happens my hands and feet get cold and i'd start shaking, i would find breathing quite hard, and i have vomited once, but i think these are all just side effects of the panic attacks i've had. (by now you probably think this post is a little long winded... and i'm really sorry!)
More recently i've felt pains in my neck and eyes, i'm just wondering if this is all to do with anxiety, because it seems a little frustrating and long winded, I just want to feel back to my old self again... so I decided to go to the doctor, but she couldn't find anything wrong with my breathing - and my glands didn't appear to be swollen, my blood pressure seemed fine also. Please please please help me, i'm so worried because its effecting the way i work and socialise, I just want to find out a way to make myself feel a little better. :cry:

Well the tightness around my neck started to fade but then it suddenly felt like a bubble just under my adams apple, a few hours on and it's slowly turned into upper chest pains near my collar bone and its not affecting my breathing but is scaring me somewhat because i've never ever experienced this. I have a doctors appointment on tuestday, so lets see how that goes

I belive you are having panick attacks . I have panick attacks and high
anxiety, and that is the way I feel when I have one. It almost feels like you are going to die. I am on Zoloft now, but it don't help. Although, my panick attacks began with hot flashes and progreesed to cold chills. It is different for everybody.

What you are describing, the problems with your breathing, sounds like paradoxical vocal fold movement (PVFM). It's when your vocal folds start to close when they should be staying open, like when you breathe. Try see a speech-language pathologist. Their scope of practice includes breathing disorders when it has to do with your vocal folds. All the other problems, well, they could very well just be symptoms of the stress caused by the disorder. Hope that helps.!!

Ok" My sympoms where pretty much the same. The course was>>> AFTERSHAVE!!!!
Yes! Think Chemicals here. I suspected that it was more to do with some sort of reaction to something i was exposed to in some way or form. I asked myself. What was i doing different?? When did this unpleasant sensation occur?
The only thing i could think of was Aftershave. every time i used it my throat and breathing was affected.
I stopped using the aftershave imediately and gradualy i got better within a wekk.
To get more information on the effects of such Chemicals, i did some research on the Web.
I was astonished how Scented Products like Aftershave, Deodorants, Perfume, Airfresheners in Cans and the list goes on affect you.
I ask you to consider this and think outside the Box. It seems since many of you are at a lost that by may be doing the simplest thing of not using the particular scented Product or Products you use. Give it a try and it could be the best thing you ever did hence saving you money and getting rid of the poision that no Business wants to tell the Public about. I don't have a link to provide for you to read for yourself. How ever"
look up >> Principal toxic chemicals found in scented Products. It is a safety material data sheet.
I sincerley hope i have helped some of you with this information. What you do with it is your choice.
I made mine and i have no more problems with my breathing at all.
Ray