I have to get an endoscopy because my throat has been bothering me for a long time. However, I'm afraid of getting one. The doctor said he would put me asleep but not give me any numbing agents in the back of the throat since that can cause more of a choking sensation. I understand that and agree. My throat has been bothering me on and off for a long time. Now the back of my head is giving me numbing tingling sensation. I pray this is nothing, just stress.
Has anyone here had an endoscopy? Did you choke? I'm a choker and do not want to feel choking.

I have had both - under and awake! I prefered under!!! ;-) XD The only thing is recovering from the anesthesia, I HATE that, but they use SO little that it only takes a few hours to disipate from your body! When they put you under, they can just manoeuver your body better! As when you are awake, you are more rigid! Don't worry honey! It's a VERY simple procedure and just leaves a slight irritation! My son has had 2 also, 1 they did through his nose! And he said that that one was better! But I think it ALL depends on what kind of test! etc. So good luck honey! It will be fine OK?

Thank you. I had one done through the nose for my vocal chords and it did not bother me.
As long as I don't choke. I have a bad choking reflex.
I'm really worried cause I have this feeling in the middle of my throat and a swallowing problem. I just hope it's okay.
Thank you for your reassurance.

I've had them go in through my nose several times. It didn't bother me at all. He sprayed it first and sprayed the throat to kill the gag reflex.

My fingers crossed for you and please let me know how you make out OK? Do you smoke or drink alcohol heavily, OR use chewing tobacco!?

I hardly ever drink. I never used chewing tobacco. I gave up smoking almost 5 years ago, however, I had my first and only relapse this December. I put them down right away. I only had around 3 cigarettes. Dont' scare me. lol
Right now I do have a bit more feeling of pressure in my head.

Just trying to see if there is anything to worry about - as in throat cancer! It doesn't sound like you are in that group though!

Just remember that your throat has a LOT of nerves in it and is right next to your spinal column! So sometimes, if someone has a neck injury it can actually show up in your swallowing reflex!!! And of course you WILL get headaches, because when your throat hurts and you are about to swallow, you tense up because you don't want it too hurt! So ask your doctor to SPRAY away!!! ;-) XD Like I said I think they would like you to be under so they can have a REALLY good luck! And also take pictures to put on You Tube!!! ;-) XD XD XD JK!!! When do you go for the endoscope? If you can have a neck and shoulder massage before and after this will really help you with your neck and head, and also help you relax and recover! Don't take anything with sugar in it for your throat! One of the best things to do is to gargle with warm salted water, and one of the best things to eat is PHO soup = its a Vietnamese Chicken Soup! It is the BEST thing for a bad throat and even flu and cold! Let us know how you make out OK? Good luck honey! And wear clean underwear just incase they DO take pictures!!!! ;-) XD