I've had this problem for about 8 months now, and havent really had time to get it seriously looked at. In around last october, I was smoking out of a bong with my friends, and took to big of a hit. After the hit, it felt like I was gasping for air, but I couldn't get any. I had the feeling that I had to throw up, but couldnt. Ever since then, I have had trouble breathing, feeling like I am gagging or need to throw up when i touch my tongue to the roof of my mouth. It almost feels like I have an air bubble in my throat, and I feel like I always need to burp alot. Whatever it is, I have had trouble breathing. Doctors have suggested it to be acid reflux, but I doubt that because it happened because of the smoking, and I had never had acid reflux before. If anyone knows what this is or what to do, help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

What psychological effects did you get from smoking weed? Did you become anxious or paranoid at some point? If the weed had a negative impact on you when you developed these breathing problems, it could have lead to anxiety and anxiety could manifest itself as breathing problems, chest pain, and fast beating heart.

A large proportion of people claim that they have first experienced anxiety or panic attacks after smoking cannabis. Any substance which has an effect on the body or mind is harmful to some degree, whether that be caffeine, nicotine, alcohol or illegal drugs, the affect is created by poisoning your body!

We all know some of the consequences of long term alcohol, tobacco or drug abuse... you've seen Ozzy Osborne haven't you? He was lucky, he managed to get away with just a few scratches and scars, other people haven't been so lucky!

A frequent negative side-effect of marijuana consumption is acute anxiety and paranoia. The user may interpret hostile reactions from others, with feelings of persecution common. There have been reported cases of anxiety and panic disorders arising from even one experience with the drug. This reaction has also been reported in research undertaken by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

this is just a commen effect of smocking weed, if you dont wanna experience it again dont smoke lol

wrong. I experienced it, and haven't smoked weed in months and i still have breathing problems.

I would have to credit all of it to... Paranoia, and the effects of T.H.C on "your" nervous system, check Wiki for thc... I would relate it to L.S.D, "Hey? Do you feel the paper in your throat?" Smoke when you are least likely to get caught, or suspected of smoking. Your direct surroundings have a HUGE impact on the "high" and which direction YOU and your brain will lead you... Good luck.... And re-laaaaaax. :)

just happened to me, i was panicking and freaking out because i could NOT breathe!! then i burped a few times and i’m fine now. shaking bad because that was scary as hell!!!