Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me with this question. I had my first crown put in yesterday. It is the temporary crown and I should replace it for about 14 days. The process of crown placement was very painful and I'm lucky I get alive from my dentist ordination.
I don’t know is this normal but my gums around the crown are a bit inflamed and very sore.
Also, the crown isn’t so still in the place so I'm afraid it could fall off during eating. I don’t know what to do!
Has anyone ever experienced any such trouble with gums after crown placements?

I don’t know a lot about these crowns but I know that I have at least seven or eight crowns in my mouth and that none of them caused me that inflammation or soreness.
So, I assume that there is something wrong with your crown. The first thing that came on my mind is that, underneath the crown, you have some bacterial process and that nerve reaction to the crown is causing you pain. This is very common condition and in this case, you should contact your dentist immediately. Maybe the temporary crown is putted clumsy and some sharp edge is irritating your gums. You could also be allergic to acrylic; the material that crown is made of.
Anyway, I would contact my dentist and let him do all the thinking.
Wish you luck!

Hi there

I had exactly the same when I had crowns put in, I was in quite a bit of pain for some time, including sore gums, gum and tooth gel from the dentist helped somewhat. I have had them in 8 months now and I still experience soreness on and off, so hang in there, its still early days. All the best.

the temp crown was applied with cement that was to hard i guess there is different hardnessess of the cement and done very sloppy and ended up irritating my gums was it hardened... when they removed the temp after i complained the pain was gone immediately and they had a different person apply it and they used a different cement and the pain never came back... dont suffer call immediately and demand help :