Hi, my mother had a crown placed few days ago, and the pain still hasn’t relieved. She had to put that crown because her tooth was very weak, and doctor was afraid that it would break eventually. Is it normal to have pain after having a crown placed?

Hi, I had an injury last year, and two of my teeth were cracked. My dentist wanted to save them, and he put me the crowns. He put me porcelain crowns because it was important to me that they match with my other teeth. Beside that, I am allergic to metals, and I would probably have problems with metal crowns. When all was finished, I went home with pain in my tooth. I was certain that it would go away within two days, but it didn’t. Pain and sensitivity lasted at least for a week, and they usually occurred with biting. I asked my dentist about it, and he easily fixed the problem. My crown was placed too high, and it was causing the pain.