Hi, to start off I'm a 27 year old woman that is 17 weeks pregnant.Abot 3 weeks ago I noticed that I had pain in my left ear,lower jaw,and slight pain when I opened my mouth. I should also add that I have 3 wisdom teeth in,all are impacted and one has a cavity.My teeth (wisdom) have never given me trouble until I got pregnant,but now the pain is gone and I noticed that I now have a moveable lump. I can feel on the out side of my cheek,near my lower jaw.Could my bad wisdom teeth cause tihs? Or could it be something else

This lump could have been caused by an infection or inflammation of some kind. It could have happened that bacteria multiplied into this cavity or something. Concerning you are pregnant, you had better have that checked by the xrays by your dentist, so that if it is an infection, you can treat it (probably) with antibiotics.

I am 6 months pregnant and just left the doctor today getting antibiotics for my left bottom wisdom tooth that has a cavity...I am in so much pain..I woke up last night crying it hurts so bad...I dont have the money to go to the dentist because im on medicaid so now i am stuck with this annoying pain. I hope the medicine will help! My jaw too had a lump swell up under my ear. The doctor told me to suck on sour candy to get the infection out of the gland. anyways good luck with yours...Bye

I just want to say that it is very common in pregnant woman to have teeth problems beacause the baby takes so many vitamins from you. I have had 2 kids and each time I was pregnant one of my teeth rotted out. I was really worried because I am a faithful brusher and flosser, but my last pregnancy I actually had to go to the dentist and have my tooth pulled and she said it is alot more common than people tend to think. She had recomeded that I take extra calcium besides my prenatal vitamin, i suggest you talk to your doctor and see if it would be good for you, because it really helps.

I just found out i'm pregnant. also i have a painful wisdom tooth coming in and it frequently gives me lock jaw.I'm guessing i will need to get xrays. Can I get it removed, or do I suffer though it?

hello, I'm 20, 5 months pregnant and having SEVERE tooth pain...I've been dealing with the pain on and off, its happening now for the 4th time since i've been pregnant. I've been told that there isn't much anyone will do because i'm pregnant! I've been told time and time again "just take some tylenol" but it doesn't work, i've been up until 3am for the last 2 nights and am completely exhausted...i don't know what else to do now...

Crystal

You CAN get your wisdoms out while you are pregnant. I have an appointment to remove mine because I have severe pain in my right jaw. Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night (dead time: 3am) crying because the pain hurt so much. I used baby orajel for temporary pain relief but, it's come to the point that not even that will help ease the pain. I also took 1000 mg of extra strength TYLENOL or Acetaminophen. DO NOT TAKE ibuprofen or aspirin while pregnant. I had a cavity on my front k-9 tooth with my last pregnancy and I had it removed and I was 22 weeks pregnant. So, dental care is important during pregnancy and it's okay to have teeth removal so long as your dentist knows that you are pregnant.

If you are on medicaid, which I am. You can seek out your local Community Health Care and Community Health Dental Clinic to be seen immediately. You can even go to your local DSHS and ask them for a referral website for Dental care and providers who accept medicaid. I hope this helped you all!