Hi, I am a forty years old woman. I hate to admit, but we are a typical four member family. My husband and I work and our children go to school. Recently I saw a TV show on healthy life. It was very disturbing for me. It seams that my family has been leading a very unhealthy life. I am not that much worried about my husband and me, but my children's lives really worry me. I would like to teach them what does healthy living mean and what should they do in order to have a healthy life. Can you tell me what the proper activities with our children are?

Hi, there are a lot of families like yours. Mine was also in that group. But we are different now. We used to eat all kinds of fast food. Occasions when the whole family sat together to have a lunch or dinner were seldom. My children stood in front of the computer and the TV set all day long. One day it came to my senses that we must change. And we did. I suggest you do the same. Get your children away from fast food snacks. Interest them in some kind of sport activities. Visit your doctor regularly. Find out what is the best food that you should prepare for your children. Also, have a real talk with them. Ask them about their problems. These things are proper activities with the children. They will make your children's health, physical and mental, better.