my husband has been abusive to me for the past 4 yrs. of our relationship,..i was told by his aunt that he was abused as a child by his mother, so i have been trying to be patient w/ him, and always taken him back, and tried to let things work out,...well he started to be verbally abusive to my other two children who r not his,...and he punched our two yr. old son in the chest, so i had him arrested,..he's been charged w/ a felony, and i dont know if i've done the right thing, by calling the police, or what i could have done diff......

You most definitely did the right thing! When I first started reading your blog I was thinking this woman needs to get herself and children out of this enviroment NOW! Feeling sorry and having patience with the abuser is not going to change a thing.
I myself have been in an abusive relationship. I know how hard it is. Leaving the abuser was the smartest thing I ever did. That's been 30yrs ago and I have not regretted it for a moment.
You and your children deserve more. Not to mention "punching out" your two year old could really injure them. Even kill them. Believe me when I say you are harmimg your children for the rest of their lives even if the abuse is verbal, let alone physical.
Will it be hard? Yes. Can you do it? Yes
Find some type of support whether it is a battered woman shelter, family or a friend. You can make it through this. I did.

your first responsibility is to protect your children. Your husband needs the Lord in his life and this is his choice...prayer will help you to heal...but he has to receive personal healing for himself

you need to leave before he starts raping your kid.guys who beat also like raping.do you care for your child?how can you let him be hurt?if you stay you will be guilty of everything he does to him.

you definetly done the right thing! its never O.K to put up with abuse, especially to our children, we gotta protect them with our life! Good on you!