Hi. I was diagnosed with UTI and my doctor told me I have pseudomonas aeruginosa infection. I would like hear more about pseudomonas and the way it is diagnosed. Anybody with experience?

Hi. Pseudomonas aeruginosa is a gram-negative, aerobic rod. This bacterium is the epitome of an opportunistic pathogen of humans. This means it exploits some breaks in your body`s defense to start an infection. It is also a nosocomial pathogen. Diagnosis depends on isolation and lab identification. Pseudomonas is most commonly isolated on blood agar, and identified on the basis of its Gram morphology and ability to grow at 42° C. Pseudomonas is the cause of UTI, respiratory system infections, dermatitis, joint infections, etc.

Hello there Hollie,

Since haston has answered your question very termly I believe that there is no point in adding some additional empty information. The point is if you are suffering from urinary tract infection you need to do everything you can to get rid of those nasty bacteria which are causing this condition.  

First of all, you need to drink antibiotics like your doctor has prescribed, and even if you don’t experience the symptoms anymore you need to drink the entire course of antibiotics to prevent UTI from reoccurring. Also it would be wise to increase intake of fluids into your organism because this will help to get rid of than annoying bacteria. I hope that you will resolve your problem fast.