I’ve got some rash all over my legs which turned out to be hot tub folliculitis. I went to see my physician and he gave me ciprofloxacin. Maybe it is early nut I don’t see any changes. It is very annoying. It seems I picked up infection at work. I am showering there everyday. At least my doctor suspects that is contaminated place. Anyway, I need some information about hot tub folliculitis and tips for treatment.

Hot tub folliculitis is an infection of the hair follicles. It is caused by the bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa and the rash consistsseveral small red papules or wheals with a central pustule. You can get rush anywhere on the body that has been in contact with the contaminated water. Hot tub folliculitis rash usually resolves on its own in 7 -10 days leaving a hyperpigmented lesion that resolves over months. As I’ve have heard most cases of hot tub folliculitis resolve on their own and don't require specific treatment, but oral antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin are good treatment. I also know that people apply vinegar compresses on rash and silver sulfadiazine cream, but ask your doctor about this first if you tend to try.

I had some signs and symptoms of folliculitis but thanks God it was nothing like that. But I can tell you that I was really scared about this whole situation. So, when I was scared, I was reading a lot about it and I found this info about folliculitis Hot Tub thing. I was reading that this is very often. I know that hot tub folliculitis is actually an infection of the skin around the lower part of the hair shaft and we call it hair follicles as well. It occurs when you come into contact with certain bacteria that live in warm and wet areas. Usually, it will go away alone, without any type of treatment, but just to be sure, you should tell your doctor about this. Maybe he will prescribe some creams for you that can help you soon.