Hi, I have frequent urinations with itching and pain, but I had urinalysis and it turned out to be negative. I am taking cranberry tea. Can it still be a UTI?

Hi, I suppose that it definitely can not be urinary tract infection as there was no bacteria proven. Or perhaps you performed analysis in some period without infection, as it was already finishing. There is always a possibility of inappropriate taking of sample. Maybe, you are undergoing reinfections- recurrent infections, with the infecting pathogen repeatedly causing trouble. Cranberry tea can be of great help in cases of urinary infections and it can be taken in form of tea, but some other more concentrated forms would have greater effect. If you repeat test in some time and it proves again that you are not infected, you doubts will disappear.

yes it can be... i have had full blown kidney infections resulting in hospitalizations several times with all the symptoms of a UTI for weeks before that and still no positive results... ask them to do blood work!!!! or go see another doctor dont risk the damage that a UTI can cause to your kidneys.. im not even 30 yet and i lost half my kidney 2 years ago due to a calcified cyst that grew looking like a tumor from an old kidney infection