I am a 20 year old male and i went to my ENT for a swollen lymph node and a sore throat and he looked down my throat with a camera and said it looked fine and finally he did a throat swab. he then prescribed me with a Medrol dose pack and augmentin to see if the lymph node would go away as it has been swollen for 3 months now. He called me a couple of days later with the swab results and said i came back positive for Pseudomonas aeruginosa and he called in a prescription of luvaquin and told me to discontinue the augmentin. I have been trying t find some info on Pseudomonas aeruginosa but there is not alot out there. I start the luvaquin tomorrow (11/5/09) and as of right now with the medrol and augmentin the original lymph node has gone down alot but it is still there. Now i believe there is 2 new ones that popped up on the underside of my chin. it has me worried about lymphoma or throat cancer since they say it is uncommon to be affected by Pseudomonas aeruginosa unless you have a compromised immune system. I go for a CT scan this week and hope to see my ENT doctor again next week.

Hope you find an answer to you problems...

Hi TVP, did you already go see your doctor? How did that turn out for you? What are you up to now? How are things going? I would like an update if you have one. Thanks!

Hey, I am dealing with the same exact thing, as I read on your post in 2009! Just wondering how you finally got rid of it! I go to my ENT doctor on Thursday

I have the exact same symptoms as you did, everything, and as well 2nd round of luvaquin, just wondering how yours turned out

Hi. How did this turn out for you? I just had a throat culture due to possible strep and it came back abnormal for pseudomonas aeruginose. I am kind of freaking out.

I also have same symptoms of sore throat and pharyngitis plz help me