My father has been diagnosed with conjunctivitis. They told him that the cause of his condition is bacteria called Serratia marcescens. I am very worried about him, how it is possible that he got this bacterium. Please, does anyone know something about Serratia marcescens? Thank you

I had urinary tract infection once caused by Serratia marcescens. I did some research about it, but I can remember much now, it was long time I ago when I read it. . I can only tell you that Serratia marcescens is a gram negative bacterium, a human pathogen. It is involved in nosocomial infections particularly urinary tract infections and wound infections. It can cause conjunctivitis, keratitis, endophthalmitis, and tear duct infections, it can be found the respiratory and urinary tracts of adults and the gastrointestinal system of children.