The last couple times i have blown my nose i have had purple spots in my clear snot. Is this normal? It has happened before in the past but i just shrugged it off as nothing but now Im kinda wondering if its normal? Please help!

Well,

I am not sure how often is this happening to you. The purple spots are most likely the blood in your nose. Now I know that some people have issues with nose blood vessels which tend to burst very often causing the blood to be shown in the nose blow. Have you had any injuries to your nose? Have you had any problems with breathing through the nose? I think that this is nothing to worry too much. If you have nosebleeds than this is a different story and you would have to go to the hospital and see your doctor. Nosebleeds can be very serious if they are left untreated. I hope this helped a bit.

Good luck,

Karel

Hello.

Is it purple or a blue? Because sometimes people are making a mistake between these two colors. Generally, it is true that a snot color can indicate several issues and that is why you need to see your doctor. But you should know that mucus can turn blue because of some bacteria, and one of the most common bacteria is called a Pseudomonas pyocyanea. But this is when people do have a blue snot color. I think that a lot of people actually do have it and if you see that this color is persistent, you need to see a doctor. 

Do you wear purple eye shadow? I have noticed that I have colored spots in my snot that is always the same color as my eyeshadow/eyeliner.