I've had a really bad vile smelling flem and snot, the flem leaves a vile taste in my mouth and throat, i've had this for the past 3 days now and i'm for ever blowing my nose and clearing my throat. Even when i breathe through my nose i get this vile smell run down my throat.
Any idea's? have been to the dr's yet, i've only tried a fascial steamer and chesty cough medicen

It is probably due to presence of bacteria that produces anaerobic sulfur. These bacteria usually break down proteins in food but sometimes may break down proteins from mucous and phlegm.

If you suffer from post nasal drip or sinusitis, you are more likely to experience both bad smell and taste. These bacteria especially like amino acids from mucus and dairy products, so when you consume a lot of milk or other diary products, you may be experiencing the bad odors and tastes.

Also, if you have problems with tonsils you may get what is called tonsiloliths. These are small tonsil stones made from mucus draining down to the throat and some sulfur compounds that bacteria produce. These little stones often end up in the small holes in the tonsils and cause the smell.

I heard that there are some pills that may solve the problem. They are called AktivOxigen tablets and you need to dissolve them in water and take them for a few days, preferably in the mornings.

i have been having the same problem.. i have been having trouble with my toncils for 13 years but have never experienced this before, its quite horrible the smell is foul.