Hi, I am a 12 year old white male. I don't know if this has always happend, or i have only noticed it now, but when i get cold, my hands and skin go purple, obviously I don't know too much of how my lips look, but my friends have told me at times "your lips are going purple", anyway, i am more worried about my hands, they go really purple at times with these big orange-red circled in some areas. I would really like to get rid of this problem, i have gotten teased basicly this whole year about this problem. I live in South Africa where it is not always that cold, but even if i am not too cold my hands still go purple, If i get really really cold i dont just have orange-red circles but actual areas (like around the knuckles) go orange-red. Please can someone help with this problem. My mom doesn't understand how annoying it is and doesn't think it is a serious problem so she won't take me to a doctor or anything. Please if anyone knows anything of this, please help

hey! i have the same problem.. my mom doesnt think its bad either.. but i am trying to find out what it could be on my own... but my mom never takes me to the doctor... so i never can find out anything.. but today i was outside for 10 min and they were purple and orange.. its not super cold or anything either... but it seems serious.. also do you drink a lot of pop or things with caffeine cuz i read that it can cause circulation problems and i drink pop all the time... sorry that i cant help...

I'm 13 and I have white skin and I have the same problem. Can I ask, when you press down on your skin when it's purple and orange do you get a yellow-ish splodge? Cause that's what happens to me. So you can basically draw on my hands and they're always cold. I love my legs cause they're not skinny but they're not fat but if I was to wear a skirt or shorts my legs just go purple and red and if I lean on them for even just 5 seconds I have a huge red mark that doesn't go away for about 30 minutes.

Anyone help please?
And I know what you guys are going through, I usually get comments about this, too! :-(

I'm from Scotland, so I guess the cold won't help? Hehe.
I've also been reading up on this and it says if you get a tan it can sort of fade the appearance, but I don't get much sun here so that won't work for me but it could for
You guys! ;-)

I'm 14. I have pretty much the exact same symptoms as you guys. it has caused me alot of embarassment. And My parents just say "oh it is nothing, its normal" But no one else at school experiences this. This has been happening to me for about 4 years now. I want an answer.

I'm 16 and I've had this problem for several years. Yes, when I turn purple and orange you can basically write on my skin. I've had whatever this is for like several years and I am very pale. Is anyone else pale? I also have very cold hands, it doesn't even change in the summer. Does anyone else have cold hands? I'm also very slim and I think it could be caused by bad circulation. I'm at school right now and my friends are convinced I'm a martian! Help!

Look guys, too be honest it really is normal, I have had the same thing for years, I'm 18 now and I cannot tan, I go purple especially when im cold but I'm usually purple/red anyway, if I'm cold enough i get the orange blotches aswell, but! I'm told and have experienced that cardio exercise helps a bit, just manages your circulation sorta....
so, do some bike riding or running or whatever, and hopefully that will help you guys out a bit, otherwise dont be ashamed of it... its just the way you are...

Hi i'm 19 and have had this problem for quite some years. its a conditions that people of scandanavian desent have " white people" and it causes the skin to turn purple, red, and even orange with any extreme changes in temprature. its basicly not an issue and cannot be removed like freckles. but like freckles can be some what avoided. reduced amounts of acidic drinks and food, pop lemons, and increased circulation at lower levels, walking, can help to control it. i live in northern canada so i have it year round with the constant extreme changes in temprature. i also did injoy drinking cola but have droped it to prevent this. i am happy to report very few events than before and truely believe in these preventative steps. hope this helps you all a bit

I'm 14 too and my hands go purple with orange splotches most of the year when it's cold, and when I press my finger on them, there's a yellowy-white mark that stays there for a few more seconds than it does with my friends.
Also, when I run, my face goes completely red and it stays like that for about an hour after I've stopped, but I'm not unfit - my coach says I have potential to run for the country. I think it might just be bad circulation but I want some truthful answers. If you do know what it is, can you say please?? Thanks.

hey guys i have the exact same symptoms, i went to the doctors and got told i had raynaud's syndrome nothing major dont worry.

hey guys im 25 and I have dealt with the torment of having this problem my whole life the only time its not an issue is in the summertime when im just plain red! being a redhead I cant tan the only thing I have found to help is the self tanning lotion, the lightest shade, not the pray kinds they turn orange and blotchy, i too dealt with the teasing of peers. even if im not that cold it looks like i may have hypothermia.

hi im 13 and i have the same problems eg. my lips go purple-blue and my legs and hands have wierd purple-blue splogde patterns when im cold so i hate winter in case people notice (which they do). i just thought it was because if i dont eat for awhile i go all shaky and weak (some blood thingy problem) but is there a good cure that doesnt involve tanning cause i dont want skin cancer..........please help

I've been dealing with Raynaud's since birth and just like everybody else, both of my extremities as well as my face turn purplish/pinkish whenever I feel super cold or stressed. Try igG boost and see if it would work. 

I have the EXACT same problem than you. It's annoying.

I have the same problem, I go purple if its VERY slightly cold, and if the temperature gets cold i get gigantic orange blotches all over me.

I was told three weeks ago that I have what is called raunaud's(raenauz). I have been put an a calcium blocker to stop my hands from going purple. The blood vessels constrict and slow down blood flow,lowering oxogen level.If you go on line and look it up it will tell you the dangers of this. It can lead to nerve and tissue damage if this happens to often. I would see a Doctor asap.