This one pretty much speaks for itself, I'd like to think.

I love buying eyeshadow pallettes, not individual colors, because I like having a company choose what colors go together and being ready to use them all, especially if they also come with a little guide on the options for applying them.

My go-to eyeshadow pallette at the moment is definitely Benefit's World Famous Neutrals, Eyenessa's most glamorous nudes ever. This comes with six colors, two cream and four powder. I sometimes use the tricks and tips page it comes with, but also like to apply pretty much any of the two colors together, though sometimes three or four.

I am asking this because I'd love to add to my collection. I'd love more things that I can literally wear any day of the week. I have brown eyes and dark hair and mostly wear darker colors. I love purples and greens as well as browns.

Have you checked out the palettes from NYX? I have the sex bomb eyeshadow palette by them and love it, it is edgy and cool and not at all like the name suggests. I also have another pink/nude one by them that is really nice. Generally speaking though, they have quite a few palettes that are very affordable and pretty good quality, in all kinds of shades that I really do like. What they lack is palettes that include creamy eyehadows though.

For a good fairly neutral palette, check out Dior 5 color eyeshadow. It's got pale pink, a neutral, and several shades of brown. Want something more striking and in your face? Feel like you can pull off blue? YSL Pure Chromatics wet and dry is the ticket for you. BareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 is also pretty amazing. The colors look kind of boring on the palette but rally come to life on your eyes.

This is of course a matter of opinion. Different people have strong preferences for different colors. But all these are brands of amazing quality that you really cannot you wrong with.

Celebrity

Honestly? There are some that I prefer more than others, but when I pick, I go for the colors I want rather than the quality. For some reason I always end up with nudes, even if I had intended in advance to buy something bolder and brighter this time. I think to myself, "Oh, this won't match a great many outfits, but that will", and then when I come home or the package arrives in the mail, I compare what I bought to something I already had and see I already had approximately 120 similar eyeshadows.

I really should get more adventurous. Any suggestions?

Rosie

Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics is my absolute favorite! No matter what basic look I am going for depending on the look I want to achieve and the colors of my clothes that day, this palette has several colors that will help me achieve what I am hoping for. It features 12 different shades, each of which is highly blendable, which matters, and long lasting as well. It costs a little more but is absolutely worth it in my opinion.

Too Faced The Chocolate Shop is another great option for you if you are into more bright and girly colors. It is almost the same price, just a little more expensive, and you get many more colors, they just happen to be colors I don't use every day.

Me, I'm a bright colored girl! I can't stand the nudes and pastels I see everywhere, I want to POP!

So if I had to choose just one eyeshadow palette that I like best? That is hard, man! I do like Kat von D's MetalMattte Eyeshadow Palette a lot though. This one contains bright purples, green and bright blue as well as black and lighter colors to complement them. There are matte and "metallic" finishes and they are all fantastic. I'd highly recommend this palette to any girl who hates boredom and invites splashes of color into her life!!!

Funny question.

I mean, normal question really, but... I know eyeshadow palettes can work out cheaper than singles, and so when I find a set that's good value for money or I truly do like all the colors in it, I buy it. But... I prefer to go for single colors whenever possible because I like to combine things the way I want to and not the way some factory has already determined I should! Most light colors are good with a variety of darker colors, and some of the mixes you see in eyeshadow palettes really don't make any sense together, has anyone else noticed this?

Anyway, I can't think of the last time I bought a palette I really liked. I do tend to go for cheaper brands but even the more expensive ones don't impress me much.