Last June I received a horrible sunburn from the top of my knees down to my ankles/feet (I have very pale, fair skin).  The skin became VERY red and somewhat swollen and painful, I thought I might have gotten sun poisoning.  Ever since then I have been having increasingly bad circulation in that area.  It seems like temperature has something to do with it, whether it is hot or cold.  When I am in the shower my knees become sorta "speckled" with blue/purple and red/pink/coral and my feet become VERY red as if all the blood is rushing there.  I have also noticed that if I take off my socks because my feet are warm/hot, my toes and about a 1/2 inch of skin above them are red/pink.  Also, I can be sitting down (like right now at the computer) and my feet can begin turning purple/blue, it looks like I have the feet of a corpse.  This also happens when my feet are freezing which they usually always are when I have nothing on them, which I also think is kinda weird.  I have also noticed that discoloration has started occurring in my hands (mainly my fingers) lately.  My hands can be normals but my knuckles will be red/pink or my fingers will be pink, but once I spread them straight, the space between the knuckles will become white.  I no longer wear flip-flops because I never know when it is going to occur and when it does, I start obsessing about what it must look like to others. Please help! 

Hi VW,

It does sound as if there might be a problem with your circulation.  Have you seen a doctor?  It can be a sign of diabetes, cardiac problems, or arteriosclerosis.  

See your doctor for an evaluation.

Keep us posted please.

I made an appointment to go see the doctor but I ended up no going for some reason or another.  I am planning on going to see the doctor soon.  My family does have a history of heart disease and I think diabetes might be there too.  I am always fatigued and tired and I seem to be getting dehydrated more often and I know those are signs of diabetes (my best friend is a Type 1 Diabetic).  I have had purple/dark skin under my eyes for as long as I can remember so my grandma was thinking I may be anemic or have a vitamin deficiency so my mom was going to have blood work done on me. 

Thank you for the help :)

Any time VW.

With the family history it would be a good idea to be seen.

Good luck!

My both legs has become swollen, dark with white spots my foots also has gotten swollen when i walk for a long time it  hurts i have gained weight ever since this problem it has been real hard to lose it is there any ideas u can help me with Thanks and God Bless

This sounds exactly what I have and about a year ago I was diagnosed with Dysautonomia and it is a non-curable disease. But unlike you I don't care what people think of it, I have a disease and I have to live with it, so I am not going to change my ways to please other people by not having to look at it, I get a lot of stares at school around new people and then I stare right back, and then the questions start and then when I tell people I have a disease then first thing they ask is, " is it contagious" I don't get offended when they ask this but I almost get tempted to tell them if they touch something I do they will be forever with the disease! I think it has turned ALOT of potential friends away because either there embaressed by it or they just don't understand it and don't want to be around it! But now I see that the only true friends are the ones who don't really ask about it, stare, and they defend when others think of it badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH!, by the way when I was diagnosed I was 13, I am now 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!