I am a teenager and my legs get so puple almost like a veins all over my legs. They also get really splotchy. My hands and feet get puple and have splotches. My feet turn splotchy only when im sitting or standing. When I get really hot everything is normal. I hate wearing shorts or anything that shows my legs.

The same thing has happened to me but only twice (within the last 3 weeks).  Once, I had just sat down to take a bath.  The water was hot and I had put magnesium in my bath water so I thought it was that.  The veins in my legs down to my knee turned BLUE and the veins seemed to be transparent through the skin.. just the color not the texture.  I'll tell ya, it was a bit of a freak out seeing that.  The second time it happened was about a week after that (2 weeks ago).  I was trying on some lipsticks at a makeup counter.  I had tested several chubby stiks on my hand when I noticed the veins in  my hand turned extremely blue (blueberry color) and my veins got larger.  I showed the cosmetician and even she was alarmed.  Those were the only 2 episodes so far but it is very scary.  I have tiny little veins too.  I usually have difficulty giving blood because the tech sometime needs to use a butterfly needle so this was .... WHOA. 

The only thing I've done differently recently is I am taking fish oil supplements and a nutritional supplement as well.  I thought that maybe my body was building bigger and better blood vessels but that still doesn't explain the sudden darkness in color of the blood.

I tried to see a doctor after the first episode... the next morning.  I went in person and told the receptionist why I would like to see the Dr. and she said that since I was a cash pay patient the doctor would not see me - she only sees patients with insurance.  She could care less that my legs turned blue.

If you have insurance, why not see a doctor and tell them your issue?  You can request a CBC - (complete blood count) panel be run and maybe a Metabolic Profile Panel.  You can easily look up each item on the blood work on the internet to get an interpretation of each item in the panels.  Your lab will flag any gross abnormalities for your Dr. to follow up on.  They will probably also check your blood pressure and screen you for circulation problems I would hope.  Probably will cost a couple hundred dollars without insurance though.  You could always try your county's health dept if no insur.  For sure, discuss this with your parent and see if you can jot down when it happens and .... don't laugh... I would take at least one picture of it so that you can show a medical professional.  Seeing is believing! 

In the meantime you can do what I'm doing:  getting out and walking more.  I'm much older than you and I'm sure you do a LOT more exercise than I do.  But, if you don't get much outside time, maybe walking would be a good idea.  But, see a Dr. as well.

Thank you so much this was so helpful I went to the doctors for my ankle one time and they said it was something I forgot the name of it sydrome of some sort but I just hate it all my friends laugh about my legs and everyone asks y my hands are so purple idk if this has anything to do with it but I am tiny not like aneresic but small

Oh, you are welcome. I know what it's like to feel afraid of what my body was trying to tell me and get no help solving the puzzles. But, let me say one thing about this. The comments your friends make are neither here nor there. The important thing is that you don't have something seriously wrong. To me, purple legs should be a sign of SOMETHING. Keep your camera handy! I just remembered something too: My mom once called me and told me she woke up with a completely purple tongue one morning. I asked her what she ate the night before, nothing was blue or purple. She doesn't eat candy. Weird too, huh. Well, that was over a year ago and she did not get sick and is not sickly! Hang in there and tell your friends to either be a little more caring or get the heck away from you. And, I wanted to ask you this: do you take Omega IIIs (fish oil supplements) because I do. So does my mom. Just a shot in the dark but I thought it was worth asking. Good luck.

I dont take anything but do u think this will go away in the feature

I don't know enough about the problem. I think you definitely should take pictures and write down the time and date when it happens along with what you are wearing and doing at the time. If it happens more than 3 times here in the next 30 days, you should definitely see a doctor. Like I said, it might be a circulatory problem. You said you are a teenager. Did you tell your parents? What do they think? It's definitely out of the usual. My blueberry blood episode hasn't happened again but I just found out yesterday I have an autoimmune problem for sure.

The most important thing for this very minute is don't freak out. The body is made like a tank to endure all kinds of things and to take care of itself and survive. It was designed by an incredible architect. So, if you are feeling ok, able to walk, eat, go to the bathroom, ha ha ha and all the fundamental crucial mechanisms are working, don't panic. But, do pursue this by gathering your evidence and speaking with a responsible parent. Once you have documented evidence, the doctor may want to run some labs. If you start FEELING bad, make sure you call a doctor right away.

If you are old enough to drink alcohol, I would REFRAIN from it. It puts a drain on the liver. Hang in there. Maybe you just have large veins and they are close to the surface of your skin. Do you get nosebleeds often? If so, it could be that maybe. If it happens again though, plan on speaking to a doctor.