Is it healthy to eat your own snot.? Serious honest question.

Well it depends, it is gross but I'm not sure if it is unhealthy or not.. But it may be if you eat to much

I came to this topic because of the topic. This is an extremely odd title so I had to come in and see what people had to say on the topic. There are actually a few angles to this whole question. Do you mean letting it run down the front of the face and then licking it, or do you mean constantly snorting it back and swallowing? Regardless the truth is that snot is a normal part of our body. It is also responsible for helping the body prevent germs from entering and making the body sick. My response would be that it would depend on how long the snot has been exposed to the air. The fresher it is, so to speak, the less likely it is to have bacteria that would make you sick, and by default healthier for you. Snot that has been sitting on the lip for four hours probably wouldn't be the best thing to put in ones mouth.