I'm trying to conceive am using an ovulation calendar. I know when I'm ovulating but when dies it end? My calendar says I'm ovulating today but last night I had a twinge feeling, and today that ache is gone. So was the peak if my ovulation last night? Does the fact that the twinge is gone mean I'm over my ovulation for this month? Please respond!!

Hi Danilee,

Ovulation is technically when the the egg is released. 

The egg is only viable about 48 hours after ovulation.  After that, it can't be fertilized.

Hope it helps.

I know, so would that mean I was fertile Wednesday to Thursday? And after that ache went away was it done? Lol

From the day you have your period your fertility is increasing. It peaks just before ovulation. Your partners sperm can live about 5 days in your body. So, if you have sex from about 5 days before until 2 days after you ovulate the chances of getting pregnant are good, about 1 in 5.

The ache isn't specific enough. It could just be when the ovary released the egg. That doesn't mean you aren't fertile though, the clock is ticking.

Thank you so much!!!! :-)