I've always planned my own training & I'm actually taking an exam to be an ACE Certified Personal Fitness Trainer ths weekend, but I am still interested in having a coach to help me schedule my training for this year. I kind of miss the days when someone would hand me a workout! I feel lke I spend too much time tweaking and thinking about it. Not that I wouldn't be aware of why I was doing what I'm doing....sometimes it's just hard to see the forest for the trees.

ANYWAY, the program from the group I am looking at comes out to about $83/month and you have to sign up for 12 months (4 quarters). Is $83/month unreasonable for a coach? I get lots of perks & 24/7 access trough email & phone to ask any questions.

Do you have a coach? Is it worth it and how much do you pay?

-Jenn

For $83 a month, I'd made sure my coach had plenty of experience coaching the type of running I was trying to do and had a list available of current and former clients that I could contact for references.

To me, that's a lot of money to spend of a coach, but I guess if you quit smoking a pack a day and took up running as your new vice, then you'd be breaking about even.

Let us know how it goes if you do decide to get a coach. My wish list contains online coaching and I'd like to know other people's experiences.

I got an online tri coach last March. It is a lot of money; but, I have not looked back since.

Creds and references are very important. Ask lots of questions up front on training style/phylosophy, etc.

let me know if you have an specific question on using an online coach.