so this is my first year running CC for my high school. i did track last year, but CC's a bit different. okay. questions. lots and lots o' questions...

my knees and ankles are really not so great. i have some PT exercises for them, but is there anything else i can do to help them feel okay? i have really really high arches as well. running with some sacouny (spell check) type of shoe

are there any runs/training exercises i should be doing? i've just been doing 3-7 miles, ~5 days a week, some hills. usually run between 7-9 minute miles, depending on how i'm feeling.

what to eat for breakfast (i'm out the door by 7:30)? is a cup of yogurt okay? it's pretty hot where i live, so i usually just have a 20 oz bottle of water and like a cup of yogurt with grapenuts.

and finally... spikes or no spikes? and if spikes, is there a good but cheap pair? someone was saying the rocket girl was okay, but that was during track.

THANKS FOR READING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say quite a bit of difference
Depends on the conditions. If its a dry track I'd tend to run in racing flats, however your track spikes will suffice the only difference between track spikes and XC spikes is that XC spikes have a slightly larger heel and the spikes are longer (7mm.)
THANKS FOR READING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No worries, lets know how you get on

i kno my left knee sometimes is a problem bcuz i'm also a basketball player and the motions in that can cause knee or ankle problems. u have to kno ur body and be able to tell when the pain is something u can put at the back of ur mind and go on or whether its a real problem. about the spikes, it really depends on the course. spikes have almost no padding so if you r going to race on grassy courses, they are recommended, but racing flats are better on courses where u will go on gravel and on any kind of ground that is not too soft. ask ur coach about the courses ur running on.