Are leg weights good for you??? Is there anything that can hurt you from them????

Ankle weights?

I do leg weights once a day 5 days a week and arm weights once a day every other day, it does not hurt you atall unless you go well over the top, the maximum you should do is 6 a week, with arms every other. You cannot train as hard when running if you do weights alot through, I play Football aswell which helps my running, but I only run a maximum off twice a week doing about 8 minute miles just taking it a bit easier, then one hard run trying to hit better times each week, I run many hills in my training course which also help. A tip, when training, DO NOT listen to music, this is scientificly proven to relax you, which makes you run slower.

I think she is talking about using weights while running. I wouldn't suggest it but I can't give you any logical reason why.

If she means running with weights wouldnt recomend it, killed me last time

Ankle weights are an invitation for knee problems in the few references I've seen.

There are a few zany runners out there that will use a weighted vest or backpack to log the occasional run with and then feel 'lightened' on subsequent runs.

If you are inclined to use weights on a run, I'd look into the vests out there and avoid the ankle/wrist kind of products.

Forget it Tracy runner, I think I read on an earlier post that you are still at school, so I guestimate you would be around 14 to 16 years old.Believe me, there another gimmic and as 'jrjo' said they could be setting you up for all sorts of injuries.
At your age I suggest you pick out a goal race in about 10 to 12 months time and in consultation with your coach work back from that race and put together general overall program including body weight exercises, circuits, pool, hills and speed (not necessarily on a track)

Keep well away from gimicks, running is a pretty simple sport all you really need is a half reasonable pair of shoes a goal to work towards and plenty of steady hard work