Does anyone have any experience from withdrawing from about a 3 vicodin ES a day habit? It started about 2 years ago; I was prescribed it after a cancer surgery. I was given Lorcet (like Vicodin but a little stronger). I took it as prescribed for a few weeks then I got off it. Mean time I had some problems so my doctor switched me from Lorcet to Vicodin ES. Now it is time to quit Vicodin, because it became “habit”. Does anyone have any experience from going from 3 a day to cold turkey and can it be done safely?

I too am in the same place, after about 8 years 7.5's a day I am tired of a little white pill running my life. I will tell you that I really did like the stuff, but I am tired of it. It has been 2.5 weeks since quitting cold turkey and I am having such a hard time finding links that tell me how long symptoms last. I have been doing acupuncture therapy to help with the symptoms and that seems to really work. Quitting Vicodin is a right decision, it is bad habit.

This is an old thread, but thought I'd post in case someone reads it looking for help withdrawing from narcotic painkillers/ opioids. Google "Suboxone" or "buprenorphine". You can get it from a medical doctor licensed to prescribe it.