I just found these posts and it has been an eye opening experience. I am scared to death. I was using 20-10mg norco a day. When I was given that first one I thought I had found heaven on earth never even thinking that opiates have withdrawl symptoms. After all this wasn't heroin, right? So heard about suboxone and knew that was the help I needed to get and stay off the norco because my cravings were so bad. I found a Dr. to prescribe them and went to meetings and have done okay for 3years until I found this site. I have never heard how difficult it was to come off suboxone or that the longer you are on it the longer you will have withdrawl symptoms once you jump off. I feel so overwhelmed and stupid.

Wow...that is a lot of Hydrocodone in a Day. I am glad that you are off of it, and still alive to talk about it. I would venture to say though that your Liver isn't a very happy Camper. As far as the Suboxone goes, yeah you'll have some pretty shitty withdrawls, since one of the ingredients in it, buprenorphine, is a type of narcotic. that doesn't mean that you can't get off if you want to. I recently got off of Fentanyl Patches, prescribed by a Doc, and boy let me tell you cold Turkey is not the way to go. On day 2 I went to the ER and the Doc gave me clonidene (for blood Pressure, put attaches to the same receptors) to take of the edge as well as bring the blood pressure down, and some valium to calm the jitters and the I got bugs crawling on me feeling. It worked wonders...I am not on Valium anymore, just Clonidene and some other medications, but no pain killers of any kind. If you want to get off the Sub, talk to your doc and ask him about these meds, or ones like it that can help you. Oh..FYI...I was on fentanyl for 15 month...it's been 6 weeks and i still have the withdrawls, just not as bad...but that may be because I truly do have pain... :-D

I'm glad to hear that you have foundt he forums really helpful because I am sure that it was pretty hard dealing with that. Don't feel stupid though! A lot of people make mistakes like you do and I think it's really important that all you really do is just make sure that you feel good about yourself, you forgive yourself, you move on and you go and make new mistakes and help yourself get over it. Are you going to talk to your doctor about how to get off suboxone?