for the last 2 weeks or so i have been experiencing a scary feeling when attempting to fall asleep or sometimes just sitting stationary, i feel that im about to pass out with a feeling that my heart has just stopped then i get a very dizzy head like a head rush feeling, like i just passed out for a split second, minutes later i get the same thing until eventually i do fall asleep. I apparently have trembling eyes when im asleep and a body that appears to be very jittery so my partner says. I now feel very week in my body especially with hardly any strength at all in my hands after just doing the slightest thing im then left with feeling that i have exerted myself which i haven't. i have always been very fit and active and quite slim so this is a big shock to my system. i have no worries so its not stress. i had some bloods tested which came back normal but am just waiting on one more result for my thyroid. im 44 years old . This is the morning and i feel very shaky within but i haven't done anything yet to exert myself. my pulse stays between 90- 104 but blood pressure stays between 130/85 i have never suffered from blood pressure. an ecg came back ok but then i had been sitting in a safe enviroment in casualty waiting to be seen for an hour or so before the ecg was done and i had started to feel ok at that moment with no symptoms, could the ecg have been done at the wrong time .

I feel the same way I just ran today and after that I got home and when to sleep fast but my baby woke me up after that I felt something bottering me on my left side stomach like in anxiety and every time I try to got to sleep I felt my heart was gonna stop as same as you I have mede ecg test and every things ok I wonder what we have if you know anything reply me

I have several types of sleep disturbances; one of them being what you both have mentioned were, over and over it feels as though my heart may stop and it actually produces a kind of tingling anxiety type feeling. Another, which is very similar, is were I have been asleep for a couple of hours and stirred in the night and then, in a half sleep, my heart stops and I get pain and a rushing sensation in my chest and this is what actually alerts me to the fact my heart has stopped and I end up yelling; partly in fear, partly to try to wake myself up and a member of family in case it doesn't start again. these first two, I only experience at night. the next has happened in the middle of the night and whilst wide awake in the day. What happens is what I pressume to be a similar occurance but I just suddenly wake up and my heart starts racing ridiculously fast. I've had all the tests you both mentioned and I also have shown up all clear. I don't know if either of you have ever had Glandular fever or a bad virus at some stage. That's when my problems first started. I have just been diagnosed with M.E. or (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). It is a very contravercial illness in that still most people in medical fields think it's a psychological illness resulting in physical symptoms but the majority of people who have it, and have the wide spectrum of symptoms that falls under it, have said that their symptoms started after having Glandular fever or other strong viruses. It has taken me a long time to get diagnosed due to there being no diagnostic test and the ignorance of most medical professionals and I'm still not getting that much help now that I have. There is also no specific cure as such but are treatments; depending on the severity and symptoms. There is hopeful news as it has been reported that research in Nevada has almost proved that M.E. is caused by a retrovirus and they have more results to publish which they say will conclusively prove this which means that I could be treated by antiretrovirals. I don't know if you have any other health problems but, hopefully, I've been some help. l would like to go into more details but my arms are in pain and will have to stop typing for now.

You have pointed the one thing out that no one else did. "left side stomach"
I also have these attacks, while almost falling asleep i get shocked, as if i'm falling to death and not to sleep.
weird feeling, as if my hart wants to stop or as if at the moment i almost fall asleep i stop breathing, i dont know which one it is, "breath stopping or heart." 1 thing is for certain, at that moment i feel like dying!
But i think that this has something to do with my stomach or intestines, i have a weird annoying feeling in my "stomach left side just above my hip"
i will go and get my blood tested, i got to get this sorted out! this happend over 15times last night, its serious and really scary.
i hope you all found a solution.

this is so like my problem, I also feel the connection from the breathing problem to my stomach.