Hi, I'm sort of doing a project relating to the effects of alcohol consumption.
The answer I'm looking for involves the Heart, what happens to it when you consume alcohol?

I've been browsing the web for answers and it constantly talks about Increased Heart Rate but I'm not so sure since it sounds more of a Long-term affect and I need short-term effects. Much appreciated if I can get any answers.

check this website out it might help.....

http://www.womensheartfoundation.org/

and by the way if you are doing a report then talk about the liver cause alcohol effects the liver a lot more than the heart

The other night I had a tall boy Bud Light & smoked a lot of cigarettes & had a piece of chocolate silk pie. I woke up at 5:41am in morning with an upset tummy & fast heart rate. I took 2 tums & with in 2 1/2 hours after that I was able to fall back to sleep & my heart rhythm was normal. I have tried to get doctors to test me to see whats wrong & they look at me like I am crazy. I have had this happen a lot of times when I eat late at night or when I drink or smoke cigarettes . I do not drink or have anything with caffeine in it because I was in the ER a long time ago when I had a rapid heart rate. They gave me something to calm my tummy down & gave me something to slow my heart rate down as well. They said I had Tachardia but, tell me what caused it. Please help.