I would like to share experiences with people that had fast heartbeat after drinking alcohol. I have experienced a few times although it doesn't happens regularly when it happens it scares the life out of me!!! I'm not a big drinker a may drink once every other week. The night that I'm having a drink I eat well and have three or four glasses of water before bed.

Sometimes the fast heartbeat starts straight away and I will feel panicky I want to get the blood pressure monitor to messure blood pressure and heartbeat but I stop myself because it might worsens my symptoms (it has happened in the pass) and sometimes I wake up to go to the loo, and the heartbeat starts going up I can feel it, and then I can't not go to sleep and I stay awake trying to distract myself with a book but on guard just in case things get worse.
What worries me the most is that if anything was to happen to me my husband will never realize because he sleeps like a log, so that makes things worse. Has anybody experienced that?? What to do when it happens? When I have one of these episodes I panic and I feel I should be going to ER.

have mentioned this to my cardiologist, they have run all the tests including 24 hour holter, (but of course I should have had a drink when I had it on because my heartbeat it's ok most of the times, so it showed a few estrasystoles which is tachycardia and they happened while exercising and sleeping. But he didn't seem to worry about it but of course I wasn't convinced. I want to trust the doctors but the symptoms are so uncomfortable that you think your heart is going to pack up.

My cardiologist advices to take a herbal tea or read a magazine to take my mind of the symptoms and I don't want to worry about it but I start thinking maybe this time is for real and I need medical assistance or otherways it may be to late.

Hi Star! Depending on your sex and age Arythmia is VERY common! ESPECIALLY after stimulants - such as Alcohol, Caffeine, Drugs, Excitment! It is NOT life threatening IF it only happens once in awhile! The only way of stopping this is to stop what starts it! I was ADDICTED to Starbucks and EVERYtime I had a Venti I had the breathtaking beats!

Also IF you have any dental work, where they have to inject you with a numbing agent - actually any procedure where they have to numb you - you HAVE to tell them that you have a quick heartbeat, they have to give you a lesser injection - without the Emphedra! As this can cause you heart to beat out of your chest!

Can I ask if you are male or female and what age! As when you are entering Perimenopause this symptom is CLASSIC of it!

Hi Bambi

I'm a female of 42 years old, so maybe I'm starting the Perimenopause and I don't even know it!!!!I will ask my gynecologist if there's a way to find out.

Thanks for your reply

Thank you guys so much. I too have these issues after drinking once in a while. And I'm a 38 year old woman. (): Seems menopause is on the way.